20090625

Too little, too late

I found out this morning that my "Aunt" passed away this morning. I am finding myself saddened somewhat, and disappointed that i was not able to get my act together fast enough to make the (almost) four hour drive to visit with her. She, and her family, really did have that kind of impact upon me. There are plans for a memorial service later this summer and i WILL be there for that (assuming God does not have other plans). Speaking of later this summer... I have read that Julius Peppers has signed his one year, franchise-tag contract for $16.7m and some incentives. As a Carolina Panthers fan this makes me very, very happy. This young man has an incredible character, not to mention some seriously good athletic ability. I have no clue as to what the behind the scenes issues that helped create the turmoil over the last year or so, and in my opinion this is a testimony of his character, but i continue to hope (and pray) for a long term resolution that sees Mr. Peppers stay in Charlotte ~ hopefully until his retirement from football and maybe even all the way to Canton, OH. I have received my e-mail for my very own download code for Blood Bowl (for the PC). While the laptop i use for game play and writing is isolated from the WWW by design, i have recently purchased an external hard drive so that i can use my home PC to download files, etc. and then add them right where i need to, then when that is done i can transfer the drive to the laptop to play on. That being said... i am looking forward to trying to get a chance to finally play this game! Well, that is all i have for today...

1 comment:

Amy L Buitendyk said...

I am praying for you and your "Aunt's" family.

May God's peace be with all of you in your time of need.