20090615

Music Monday - 20090615

Wow... has it really been ten days already? How is it that vacation time seems to fly so fast, and work so slow? LOL ~ if memory serves it has something to do with Genesis 3:17-19 though. Being on vacation i forgot to work on picking just one song for my Music Monday selection when i came back, but as i was typing this a song came to mind from this past Christmas. I remember listening to it at least four or five times in a row. Words cannot really adequately express so...
I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Mark Hall, Dale, Bernie Herms Strings arranged by Bernie Herms Orchestrated by Stephen Lamb I heard the bells on Christmas day Their old familiar carols play And mild and sweet their songs repeat Of peace on earth good will to men And the bells are ringing Like a choir they're singing In my heart I hear them Peace on earth, good will to men And in despair I bowed my head There is no peace on earth I said For hate is strong and mocks the song Of peace on earth, good will to men But the bells are ringing Like a choir singing Does anybody hear them? Peace on earth, good will to men Then rang the bells more loud and deep God is not dead, nor doth He sleep The wrong shall fail, the right prevail With peace on earth, good will to men Then ringing singing on its way The world revolved from night to day A voice, a chime, a chant sublime Of peace on earth, good will to men And the bells they're ringing Like a choir they're singing And with our hearts we'll hear them Peace on earth, good will to men Do you hear the bells they're ringing? The life the angels singing Open up your heart and hear them Peace on earth, good will to men Peace on earth, Peace on earth Peace on earth, Good will to men © 2008 Henry Wadsworth Longfellow Publishing Designee (Public Domain?), Mark Hall Publishing Designee, Bernie Herms Publishing Designee, Dale??? Publishing Designee, Stephen Lamb Publishing Designee
This song really does just move me. I LOVE Christmas time. I am filled with awe each Christmas season as i ponder the miracle of God coming to Earth in the form of a human baby. I feel that Christmas is the most amazing season of the year... and Casting Crowns has captured the spirit of the season that i feel so deeply each year.

No comments: