20071119

Musical Monday... not yet... but hopefully soon

I've seen "Wordless Wendnesday", "Thursday Thirteen", "Friday Feast" on other blogs. They are generally a helpful 'tool' to help a blogger generate a post for at least one or more days a week. Although I've not looked very hard, I've not seen one called "Music(al) Monday" - not decided what I want to call it yet - and I was thinking about doing this from time to time. Basically a way to post a song, or about a song, that has been going around the void between my ears of late. Unfortunately, this is not the Monday to start that as I've not really had one bouncing around this morning. I mean, last week Jukebox Hero was doing a number on me... But this week I am not fully prepared to begin this. Over the weekend I was pondering what God has done in my life. Specifically my professional career. I was able to spend some time with a good friend from High School (we've known each other since 1983). By God's grace we got through High School, post High School, life, marriage, kids, and moving to remain within ten miles of each other (not necessarily all in that order). He is a manager of an auto parts store, and for the most part he is doing very well. Although they are struggling with his work schedule. Being the manager he tends to work a whole lot more hours, including most holidays, and for less money/vacation/etc. I know it bothers him that he is not able to spend as much time with his family as he would like to, especially on weekends. I guess it's one of those questions we may never fully know the answer too. I know I don't feel deserving of all that I do have, let alone why others are not as "blessed". Especially of those who I feel do deserve such things. Verse for today: Proverbs 19:1, ESV Better is a poor person who walks in his integrity than one who is crooked in speech and is a fool.

3 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Ok, I'm getting all caught up here. Lots of good stuff. But why have not been by to try to win my Donny Osmond CD???

Amy L Buitendyk said...

I think I could actually participate in that one. I always have songs in my head. I like the concept - give me more - what goes with it? Any thoughts really or not?

Alise said...

Well, if you do indeed start this, I'm in. I don't generally do the themed blogs, but I could probably get into this one!