20071109

Day 12 of...

...a possible 16 now. :( Being on-call can be a real downer. I will be coming in to work at 3AM on the next four mornings. I am going to work hard on cutting that down to three if possible. To make up for it though I've asked for two days off next week. The good part of this is being able to draw a little bit of shift differential - just in time for Christmas. In other news my little Toyota Echo has been having problems with the 'check engine' light. It keeps coming on... cyclinder mis-fires. I've already put some money into it so I am now searching user forums for DIY tips. Perhaps more to follow on that. My beat up Panthers will take on the struggling Atlanta Falcons this Sunday. Even if they win it will be an uphill battle to win the NFC South. Both the Bucs and Saints have the inside track on that. Coach Fox has done some really good things - but if he gets them into the playoffs this year his contract needs to be extended! I'm pretty beat tired so this is it for today... Verse for today: Matthew 7:21-23, ESV Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

3 comments:

Amy L Buitendyk said...

I have been having issues with my Saturn as well. Not the check engine light but the thermostat light keeps coming on.

Hoping it holds out long enough for me to get money to replace the darn thing (the therm. not the car).

I will be watching the score for your Panthers this weekend!

Susan said...

Oh no...that is not good to extend your work weeks! I hope you find some down time. And, yes, I'll pull for YOUR Panthers!

:-) susan

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

YOu didn't even razz me when the Colts lost last week. What a noble Samurai you are.