20071101

HTML, part II - and a snipet about "Heroes"

Well, even before Susan was kind enough to remind me about how we can either allow others a chance at a blessing (by serving others, even if we are not in need), or we can squelch it - I contacted a friend of mine. I asked him if he does that kind of thing for fun, which he does. I just need to make the time to go meet with him and we can sit down and talk things over. Who knows, maybe I can have a spiffy page like my "blog friends" Susan and Linda. :) I have been keeping up with Heroes and The Unit again this year. With all the stuff going on I rarely watch the shows live any more. Especially because my beloved does not like Heroes - it disturbs her somehow. I've especially enjoyed Hiro and his journey through Feudal Japan (a real surprise, eh?). I'm not sure how many people would have known that "Kensai" means "sword saint", but the charecter is anything but. I do not want to give anything away one way or another. But it has been interesting that several charecters have been in New York - again - after some kind of disaster like occurance. The story is definetly ramping up for another kind of showdown next Spring. The Unit is fun because of my interest in Special Ops - especially military style ones. The producers have done a pretty good job in keeping costs down, while keeping the story lines interesting. I've especially enjoyed the season 2 cliff hanger, and the season 3 opener. Like the guys in dark suits and sunglasses would ever play fair. ;-) Those two shows, along with any NFL game I can get on the tube, is pretty much all I'm willing to watch on TV anymore. Just another rambling blog entry... Verse for today: Proverbs 1:1-7, ESV The proverbs of Solomon, son of David, king of Israel: To know wisdom and instruction, to understand words of insight, to receive instruction in wise dealing, in righteousness, justice, and equity; to give prudence to the simple, knowledge and discretion to the youth— Let the wise hear and increase in learning, and the one who understands obtain guidance, to understand a proverb and a saying, the words of the wise and their riddles. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.

1 comment:

Alise said...

I'm having such a hard time getting into Heroes this season. I don't love chapter cliffhangers when I'm reading, and doing it for one season is fun, but this time I'm just tired of it.

Though I will say that the info on Kensai is interesting!