20071108

Day 11 of 12

I am dragging this morning. Each morning seems to come just a little bit earlier. This daylight savings thing is really wearing on me. The "fall back" thing... isn't it supposed to give us an extra hour of sleep or something!?! - lol Since my body's internal clock is still working off of the old time system it still wants to wake up at it's normal time - but I am in effect going to bed one hour later. And the kids 'internal clocks' are also still set - so they are in effect getting up earlier than they need to... thus dealing with tired cranky kids while trying to get them to do their homework is wearing on the old nerves as well. But it's all good. We are coming into the 'Holiday stretch' where there is practically an extra day off every day of the week until sometime in February (I'm just kidding, but there are a lot of them between now and mid-February) - that, along with the vacation I have to "use or lose" should make up for the rest. :) But back to me being tired. I've been so tired this week that I've taken to drinking one 12oz Mt. Dew in the afternoon. This is really counter productive because, 1) it upsets my stomach a little, 2) the residual affect of the super-caffine they use keeps me up a little later at night, thus making me more tired the next day. It's reminded me of the months after DS2 was born. I was commuting over 100 miles to/from work, plus helping my beloved with DS1 and DS2. I was drinking 2 20oz Mt. Dew's a day! Soda in general is not really good for you, but I think Mt Dew is on a whole other plane. I love the taste (not as much as Dr Pepper, but that's a different story), and I do enjoy the extra energy that I get from it - but I can feel the after affects from it too. Last night I finally caught up on this weeks episode of Heroes. I think I am 'addicted' to this series. I am really getting into this show. I had suspected some of what was going to happen to Hiro, not the 'betrayal' of Kensei - but how the 'travel back' would end up. Also, this 'Adam' - I was all over that. Still, there are so many twists and turns it has really kept my intrest. Claire's dad... man that is a hate-love-dunno-hate kind of deal going on there. And the graphic novels on-line! Very gripping... some really good additional info there. Some of the charecters have "switched sides" (i.e. 'good' or 'evil'), but heroes like Hiro have pretty much remained 'true'. Over all it feels like the charecters are pretty human. There are times when it feels like the writers are hurrying things along - like Kensei's turn from drunkard to "hero" (but then it makes more sense after this last episode), or the relationship between Peter and Caitlin feels rushed. But then, these episodes are not like '24' - they do not 'flow' from hour to hour, but they can jump from day to day, or even weeks. My beloved does not like this series so I don't think it will be on any wish list, but I am really enjoying it so far. I mean, who did not dream of being able to fly, or run really fast, or do some other kind of super-human feat? Verse for today: Luke 13:22-30, ESV He went on his way through towns and villages, teaching and journeying toward Jerusalem. And someone said to him, “Lord, will those who are saved be few?” And he said to them, “Strive to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able. When once the master of the house has risen and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and to knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, open to us,’ then he will answer you, ‘I do not know where you come from.’ Then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in your presence, and you taught in our streets.’ But he will say, ‘I tell you, I do not know where you come from. Depart from me, all you workers of evil!’ In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God but you yourselves cast out. And people will come from east and west, and from north and south, and recline at table in the kingdom of God. And behold, some are last who will be first, and some are first who will be last.”

4 comments:

Amy L Buitendyk said...

I never got into watching that show. I don't know why but probably it feel into the time that another show I watched was on.

I find that I don't have the time to sit and watch all of them - so I really seem to avoid shows you have to watch each episode of in order to get it.

I am glad you have something you enjoy though! We all need that.

Susan said...

I haven't added that one to my list of shows. Glad you're at the end of your long weeks. I hate the adjustment to time change. Hope you're feeling rested soon.

Susan

Rich said...

I love Heroes! I am glue to it every Monday. I am routing for Peter and Hiro and I can not stand Sylar, but I can see why he is there--to balance Peter. This week's episode is a flashback four months earlier to what happened after the explosion in New York. Can't wait!!!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I want to watch Heroes from the beginning. It looks good, but I don't want to jump in mid-stream.