20071106

The joys of growing pains

Well, I decided to go ahead and "move" the 'Dojo' to the new Blogger digs yesterday afternoon, but I failed to follow the first rule in any form of data upgrades. BACKUP YOUR WORK BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING! LOL. (I'm yelling at myself here...)

What I failed to do was save a copy of the old HTML code. Blogger is great at moving all of the original content from the old to new, but what was not moved were some of the 'bells and whistles' that I'd added over time. Things like my little 'blogthings' (yes there are non-girly teeny-bopper ones), and the blog award that I'd been given, so I will be working on sprucing the place up some. I really want to add a graphic for the Japanese charecters for "Christian Samurai" (クリスチャン侍 - or 'Kurisuchan') - after doing a little research I am told that this is the 'most correct' way of expressing this concept. I had learn of two different ways of saying it, one was sort of diragatory (which was kind of an eye opener to the gaijin), but this one is 'more correct' in that it is basically a term that is used to describe someone who 'has the mind of a Christian' (or perhaps the mind of Christ?), with the last charecter referring to the term 'samurai'.

Oh, and before I forget... I saw a NOVA episode titled, "The Secrets of the Samurai Sword" - facinating stuff. For example, I had been unaware that the reason the samurai sword has the characteristic arc in the blade is because that it is made with two different levels of carbon in the steel. When the blade is cooled during the process of making it, the inner core cools faster than the outer shell and thus pulls it up into its distinctive shape.

Ok, well, I've rambled on long enough about nothing particularly important so I will just say this... remember to back up your work! :)



Verse for today:
Hebrews 4:9-13, ESV
So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God, for whoever has entered God's rest has also rested from his works as God did from his.

Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience. For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any katana*, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

* Note: the text is actually, "...sharper than any two-edged sword, ..."

4 comments:

Alise said...

Sorry about losing the extras on your blog. Isn't that so irritating?!?

And stupid "Heroes" totally sucked me in again last night! Bah! At least I finally broke free of the hold that "ER" had over me for years. It's good to only have one show that you watch obsessively...

Amy L Buitendyk said...

OH - I think you and I must have watched the same show about the samurai swords! I saw that and when watching it - thought of you... LOL

Susan said...

Hey, hope things are up and running smooth again real soon. I have too many shows I'm watching right now. I go through times when I watch none then others when there are several I follow.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Found the translation at Kudoz, did you? LOL.... I've been looking for a reliable translation of Christian Samurai as well.

Guess I'll be using クリスチャン侍 too... wish I knew someone fluent in Japanese that I trusted to confirm.