20071107

"Are you cold at night?"

Yesterday my beloved asked DS2, "are you cold at night". Most people who read this will know what she was asking. My beloved wanted to know if he was having trouble sleeping because he was too cold. She wanted to know if he had enough blankets, etc. His answer made me laugh. "Yeah, but then I heat it up and I have to move to find a cool spot." LOL - he was saying that he was getting too hot, and had to shift around so he could get cooler in order to get more comfortable. The acorn doesn't fall too far from the tree. We're both nuts. :) I'm in trouble. I will be leading the discussion for our Bible study Friday night and I've not even started to study up! *sigh* I still have 48 hours though... There is a really good blog entry over at "Preachers Preaching" about "Lazy Preachers" - in my case, I am being a lazy 'lay-leader'. Verse for today: Philippians 4:4-9, ESV Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

1 comment:

Amy L Buitendyk said...

Well did you get to working on the bible study yet?

Great verse for today - one of my absolute favorites.