20070816

Ugh! Is the sun up yet?

One thing about working in the IT field... the main hours to do routine maintenance is o-dark-thirty. It was a 'simple' LAN migration, but in order to have the least amount of impact on the critical systems (the ones the most users use during the business day) we started our day at 0400 this morning. It's hard to readjust the body. LOL And the mind seems to work on a 3 second delay... A long time friend will be starting a care/small/bible-study group up this September. Unfortunately (for him) he commutes 90 minutes each way to work. I felt led to offer him support in the teaching department (so to speak), which he gratefully accepted. now I am "on the hook" so to speak. :) We will be taking turns leading the discussion/teaching - four weeks on, four weeks off. My first "rotation" will be in October. But I am not sure of what to teach yet. My first thought was about "The Pursuit and Practice of Biblical Fellowship". It would be based off of a sermon by Kenneth Maresco I recently downloaded and listened to from Covenant Life Church. Some really good stuff about how we can come alongside one another to help lift each other up, challenge each other, and encourage each other. Unless your church is the size of a few families it is difficult for the Pastor to minister to each member of the congregation. And it becomes even more difficult as the church gets larger. This is where small groups become more beneficial. When I started this entry this morning I had some really good points that I wanted to share that Kenneth brings up in his sermon... but my mind is really 'mushy' right now. The overall general point is that it that the small group really can help each of us as individuals grow. It helps me see things that I am otherwise blinded too, and it allows me the opportunity to help my fellow brothers and sisters out. All done in grace. Well, I am going to wrap this up for today... God bless... Verse for today: Proverbs 27:17-21, ESV Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another. [4] Whoever tends a fig tree will eat its fruit, and he who guards his master will be honored. As in water face reflects face, so the heart of man reflects the man. Sheol and Abaddon are never satisfied, and never satisfied are the eyes of man. The crucible is for silver, and the furnace is for gold, and a man is tested by his praise.

3 comments:

leewilsonsblog said...

I noticed that you link to some marriage-enrichment websites and wanted to suggest Family Dynamics Institute at http://www.familydynamics.net as well.

Thanks for all your writing!

samurai said...

Lee - thank you for dropping by. I will indeed check out the link. :)

Susan said...

Praying that your study is a blessing to those participating and to you, as a facilitator/leader.

Blessings.

:-) Susan