20070828

Changes around the Dojo

My real one (my home), not this virtual one. The kids are back to school now, and DS1 has to catch the bus at 6:45 am! Ugh! Now, I am blessed with a job that allows me to sleep until 7:00 usually - sometimes even later - so this has brought about some changes. First, and foremeost, my beloved is actually getting up at 6:00am. This is not her normal, or preferred, time of day. ;~) And it's killing me. She is the type that sets the alarm for like an hour ahead of time so that she can 'gradually' start her day by hitting the snooze button 15 times. Me, I wake up with the radio, with the volume set to like '3' and can (usually) roll out of bed, rub my eyes, and stumble into the bathroom. Not my beloved, no! She has the gongs going off at about 120 decibles, and they will work their way into her dreams at times. I'm being silly of course, but it amazes me how she can adjust her self so 'easily'. We are going on a week with this new schedule and I've still not adjusted. I want my routine. :~) To give you an idea how easily my beloved 'shifts gears' here is a fun story that I like to tell... When the Lord blessed us with each of our children, we decided to breast feed each of them for at least a year. When they each came along my beloved went from a woman who would not wake up if cow bells were ringing besider her to a whirling dirvish with the faintest cry of hunger from the far kids bedroom. She was up and she was all about making sure the child was taken care of. Don't get me wrong - I spent a fair share of time changing diapers, or rocking sick children - but when it came time to feed - she was on it! When the night came that it was time for the children to learn how to sleep through the night (no feeding) you could not wake this woman up with a hand grenade! Me on the other hand... there I lay, bloodshot eyes waiting for the child to go back to sleep. My beloved would not move a muscle! I knew I was in trouble when I felt my beloved's foot slide over under the covers, stop, then ever so slightly nudge me. As if to say, "your turn". She claims to be totally unaware of this change, but I am here to tell you that she does it. She tells me that she can't help it (being totally out of it while she's asleep), but if the change was that dramatic - I think she has more control over it than she thinks she does. Now, I just need to get myself up and moving earlier than I am used to. Verse for today: Proverb 31:10-12, ESV An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life. amen - I give thanks to the Lord for my beloved. She is mine, and I am hers...

1 comment:

Susan said...

Oh my goodness....this sounds a "little" like my house. My DH gets up VERY easily and with the quietest little noise from the radio...but me, I need it a bit louder. He pops right out of bed...but I can't do that. Now, I don't do the snooze thing when he's home. I only do it when he's gone...and then only twice.

Ah...it IS a Mars/Venus world. And yes, we DO have more control over it than we want to admit sometimes! ;-)