20070830

Trouble sleeping

Ok, this is going to sound wierd... but last night I was having trouble staying asleep. It was not things running through my mind (that I know of), it was not the TV - which was off, I could not put my finger on it. I would fall asleep, and then a few minutes later wake up again. Finally in desperation I just got our spare balnket out of the closet and snagged a pillow and plopped right down on the floor beside the bed. Now someone may have thought that I was heading to our guestroom, or maybe the couch. Nope! For me, when I can't sleep, the best way to fall asleep fast - and stay asleep, is to get on the floor. I don't get it, I don't understand it, but that is the place I get my best sleep. Verse for today: John 12:39-43, ESV Therefore they could not believe. For again Isaiah said, “He has blinded their eyes and hardened their heart, lest they see with their eyes, and understand with their heart, and turn, and I would heal them.” Isaiah said these things because he saw his glory and spoke of him. Nevertheless, many even of the authorities believed in him, but for fear of the Pharisees they did not confess it, so that they would not be put out of the synagogue; for they loved the glory that comes from man more than the glory that comes from God.

No comments: