20070820

Getting ready for school

Ah, it is "The Most wonderful Time of the Year". I love that commercial that shows mom and dad dancing around, buying school supplies and the kids are all mopey. It is also kind of a drag for me. I am just not looking forward of another year of battling with DS2's teachers over his individual development plan. Of having to work with my son and how the other kids mess with him. Just this Saturday we were at DS1's soccer try outs. One boy was playing with DS2. At one point this boy comes over, without saying a word, and provokes DS2 to chase him. Well, he leads my son out of my sight. A few minutes later the same boy comes up to me to tell me that DS2 was hitting on his car because he didn't want to play anymore. Apparently this boy leads DS2 around the building and gets right into his car where he rolls up the window and locks the door. DS2, in frustration, hits the window once and then leaves. I just ache for my son. I want him to have friends that don't tease him, that don't push his buttons to watch him react and then laugh at him. The problem we have is that he is not making friends on his own. Not like his older brother. I just don't want him to be alone in the world. Verse for today: 1 John 3:16-18, ESV By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers. But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Have you worked with the school to try and find him some peers? I really worry when people aren't working on the socialization as well as the academics in school. We have a girl in my school who is autistic and our team has really worked hard to help her integrate in the classroom and socialize with her peers.

Praying for all of you.

:-) Susan