20070606

Strange emotions today

This morning I was jarred awake during a dream I had. I didn't remember much, but I remember roaming around what I think was a subway system - looking for someone. There were a lot of dark shadows... When I woke up I just remember being compelled to pray for those heading overseas. Especially since I know a lot of them. One being my brother - who I am not going to be able to catch up with before he heads out of town. :( I even read a story about Woodruff, the reporter who was severely injured in Iraq last year (maybe it was two years ago now), and it struck me that I may not see some of the guys again. Verse for today: Psalm 63:5-10, ESV My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips, when I remember you upon my bed, and meditate on you in the watches of the night; for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me. But those who seek to destroy my life shall go down into the depths of the earth; they shall be given over to the power of the sword; they shall be a portion for jackals.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Praying for all of them. It's sad to think of some of them not coming home...really sad. I pray that you find peace and solace in your Heavenly Father's arms.

:-) Susan