20070625

Back to the grindstone

Well, I just returned from my two week training cycle. For the most part it was a very low tempo cycle. The most excitement I had was getting to learn about the Mk19. It is an air cooled weapon and was a blast to learn about and then teach to other people within my battalion. I also had the opportunity to learn more about what an Artillery Platoon Sergeant needs to do. I learned about the Mils system and things like that. When I got home on Saturday the family schedule was already in full swing. Not having been home 30 minutes we were heading right back out the door to a friend's 40th birthday celebration. Lots of kids there, which was good for us. :) Afterwards we took him to see a movie - Evan Almighty (read a review here). Although some of the people I invited to go see it did not want to go as they felt it offended their beliefs somehow - I felt it was a good movie. I would not hesitate to take my kids to see it. Now, it was heavily slanted towards conservationism. but that is not always a bad thing either. After all, when God put Adam and Eve in the Garden he entrusted man to take care of His creation. To just waste willy-nilly is not being a good steward. That's all I have for now. But I hope to clear my mind of things and post a better blog entry tomorrow. :) Verse for today: Psalm 121:1-2, ESV I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.

1 comment:

Susan said...

HEY. Welcome Home! You've been missed. I actually saw some of the Christian bands that helped with the kick off for Evan Almighty. I thought it was odd. I'll have to take my DS to go see it.

Blessings to you.

:-) Susan