20070629

Encouragement

I received several nice comments regarding my "eight things about me" post (thank you very much) and, along with some gentle proding from the Holy Spirit, I think I am going to work on a write up of my testimony to share at a (hopefully near) future date. There are so many things that really do point to the incredible grace and mercy of God in my life. My career. My actually knowing Jesus Christ. My being alive and relatively unscarred existance. My beloved. My children. And so much more. I would like to say that I was once told that I was an answer to prayer from several friends in the church I first went to after being saved. They had been praying for God to show them an example of His amazing grace at work in the life of someone. And I am so grateful that He used me in their life in that regard. I am told that even my (first) name talks about the grace of God... John. When the time comes I just hope I can express all that God has done, and what He did to bring about my being able to call Him Lord and Savior. Verse for today: Romans 5:6-11, ESV For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die— but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life. More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.

3 comments:

Alise said...

Looking forward to reading that post! ~A

Susan said...

I can't wait to read your testimony. I am quite certain it will be a blessing.

Have a GREAT weekend!!

:-) Susan

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Make sure I know when you post your testimony.