20061010

Panthers @ Ravens

Part of me was hoping the Ravens would pull off an upset in Denver last night. If for nothing else than to maybe give them some cockiness. But the loss last night will probably go a long way to firming their resolve. Ray Lewis is indeed all over the field. Although the Ravens offense looks like it has a ways to go the Denver home field advatage is just that. It was cold, it was wet, and it was loud. It will not be like that in Baltimore. Well, it might, but it will be in the Ravens favor, not the Panthers. A lot of people think the Panthers are vamping up for their run... this Sunday's game will go a long way to proving that or... Tomorrow my beloved will be having some form of radiological scan of her thyroid. It is apparently swollen and our new doctor is concerned. After a CT scan (I think that is what it was) the doctor is concerned. It has also raised some consternation within the dojo of late. With that and some issues going on with my own health... things are par for the course. A par of people going through life getting older. On a side note: I am doing fairly well in two fantasy football leagues I am in. I am 5-0 in one, and 4-0 in the other! Pure luck. But this week I am will be hurting as both my QB's have bye weeks. Who thought of this bye week anyway! :) In the other football games I play I am not doing nearly as well. Oh well. Updates: My Short Stories Verse for today: Romans 8:38-39, esv For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Getting older is not for sissies. Sometimes its pretty tough. That thyroid stuff can really cause problems. But seems like they have huge success treating it.............

samurai said...

Thank you Bob. A little bit of "helpful" information as well as encouragement. :)