20061016

The latest widgets

Well I finally broke down and picked up a copy of the Madden NFL game. I enjoy watching football and my oldest son keeps asking me to play with him on the Nintendo Game Cube. Problem is I really can't get into Mario Party or the Sonic games. The latest is Pokemon something or other. I've had Madden for the PC, but never the a games system. I've been told that the game systems play better (easier to control, etc.). So while I was out with S#1 picking up parts for his required science fair project I dropped in the Game Stop and picked up a copy of Madden NFL 05. That's right baby! Well, it was only $8.00! :) The newest version is about $40.00. I had a birthday recently where I turned 40. To me this is no big deal. I feel good about my age, I am not one who really cares about how old I am. I tend to look at it as another day/year closer to heaven. Sooner or later I will die - I might as well enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts. My beloved threw a nice little party. Normally I am not one for large gatherings, but she really enjoys hosting parties and is good at it. There was the black ballons and all. The gag gifts like a couple of canes and a walker, denture adhesive, and a basket full of 'goodies' us older gents are assumed to need when gettings - shall we say - closer with our wives. But there were some really nice gifts too. Two of them from friends that knew the theme was gag gifts (for the party) gave me on the side. One was a set of samurai swords. There were not straight from Japan, and I am sure they are not made like an authentic sword, but they were very thoughtful. The have a nice finish and look very nice. The other is a collection of 'samurai' movies. I don't know where I will find the time to sit down and watch them all, but I will squeeze them in over time. :) All the gifts were thoughtful, and it was nice to see so many people (the number of children outnumbered the number of adults!). The Panthers pulled one out yesterday against what is considered to be one of the top defenses in the league. I am happy about that. Next week it is on to Cincinnati and the Bengals. A tussel beteween a pair of big cats. :) That is all for today... ramblings from a rambling mind. Updates: Hiku Verse for today: Proverbs 16:1-5 esv The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord. All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the spirit. Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established. The Lord has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble. Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the Lord; be assured, he will not go unpunished.

No comments: