20061026

The basics

Ever have one of those ah-ha! moments? Most of us do. Ever have one where the ah-ha is not necessarily a good one? This morning I had one of them. Two of them actually. The first one was that I do not have any real deep friendships. The Lord has blessed me with several friends. All of whom I would go out of my way to help with things - even go out in the middle of the night to help. People who I would do most things for, and I think they would return such actions (even initiate some actions on my behalf) - but I do not really know them, and they do not really know me. I have friends from the National Guard. I still get e-mails from one guy I have not seen face to face since at least 1992. I have guys in the National Guard now that I dig into my pockets when they need things, and the same for me. But I do not know them. I see them 2 or 3 days a month and we go our seperate ways. Guys closer to home, guys whos weddings I have been in, that we call each other maybe once a month. We say we need to get together but never do. The other was how poor of a worker I have been of late. For the past 18-24 months my mind has been a whirlwind. Some of that has been reflected here, but not all of it. It is not that I have been a bad worker all the time, but I know I could have been doing better. We are to work as if the Lord Himself was our boss - and I have not been doing that. Well, that is about as deep as I care to get right now. Besides... I need to get back to work. :) Updates: None Verse for today: Colossians 1 : 15-20, ESV He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by [6] him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm pretty fortunate. I have a couple of several real close friends. I've got one friend that took a day off work made a 3 hr. drive to pick me up at an airport. He would do the same thing again today if the need arose. I would do the same for him. Hope you have a good week.................