20061025

Mass confusion

Well, today has been yet another whirlwind of trying to keep my head above water. Thank you all for your prayers in regards to my possible business venture. If the Lord moves this forward I will outline it some here. But for now I have just sort of put out feelers and sought some counsel in person. It seems like it will be a good ministry opportunity as well. My Panthers lost a heartbreaker this Sunday against the Bengals. I read in the Charlotte Observer that the Panthers feel that the Bengals essentially got a gift. That the interception in the endzone was because the Bengals were not in their proper coverage. Well, if the defender comes away with the ball, and the offense does not have anything to show for it - I would say that the defense was right where they needed to be. I mean, that's their job - to stop the offense from scoring points - and that is exactly what the Bengal's defense did. This weekend the Panthers will take on the Cowboys at home on Sunday night football. The Panthers are 5 point favorites and have a history of not making the spread (of late) at home. I have several friends who are Cowboys fans. Should make for a fun night. I had to go to the doctor today (thus why I am a little late). I will be having an 'upper endoscopy' just after Thanksgiving. I have been having cronic pain just below my sternum and have been taking things like Prilosec for months now. I will also be having an x-ray done next week for some chronic pain in my neck, shoulders, and back. For some time now I've had chronic neck pain that radiates down through my back and shoulders. Both of these items have been little 'annoyances' that have finally gotten to the point I want to take care of them. One thing I want to write in passing - mostly because I am confident that I do not get too many readers - is that I missed two opportunities this past weekend, and I am kicking myself pretty hard. I need to be more aware of my surroundings. Updates: None Verse for today: 1 Corinthians 12 : 12-20, ESV For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ. For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves [4] or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit. For the body does not consist of one member but of many. If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. If the whole body were an eye, where would be the sense of hearing? If the whole body were an ear, where would be the sense of smell? But as it is, God arranged the members in the body, each one of them, as he chose. If all were a single member, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, [5] yet one body.

No comments: