20070925

Tuesday is for those who slept through Monday

Yesterday was a blur, and today is not much better. As a result I am going to have a bunch of random thoughts... my catch all. LOL

1) The New Orleans Saints looked like they could salvage their season last night. Up until halftime that is. After that is was pretty much a disaster for them. I really want to root for this team (when they aren't playing the Panthers that is), especially being priviledged enough to be down there shortly after Hurricane Katrina and Rita blew through - I sort of feel connected to that region now (please pray about perhaps donating either time or resources to Habitat for Humanity - there is still a lot to do down there). I had not know this for sure until last night... Since this team started playing in the NFL in 1967 they have had a whopping total of eight (8) winning seasons - I really can't say all that much. The Panthers have only had three since 1995.


2) What is the deal with Webkinz? LOL - my kids love this phenomenon. Ever since we bought my DD3 her little "Lucy" it has been a craze in my house. DS1 and DS2 each have their own, and I've caught my beloved playing this too. Then it happened... I found out that they now have a black cat... well, now this samurai has one! LOL - that's right! I wanted him because of the Carolina Panthers... and I have named him "Sir Purr". I'm sick I tell you. The company has it out for Halloween (my least favorite "holiday" of the year) - fortunately this little guy also looks like the mascot of my favorite NFL football team. :)


3) My best friend in life (who I've known since my Junior year in high school) has had a life long battle with his heart. Before he was eighteen he had had a valve replacement operation three times. Since then he's had one more (this one with a more 'premenant' solution). We've done almost everything together, or in parallel since then. I love football, he loves NASCAR. When I found my true love, he did as well (we were both married to gals who went to the same college, and were good friends there). My friends wife was instrumental in leading my beloved into a saving relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, and I played a role in his salvation. We both enjoy playing strategy wargames. Well, recently (to my shame) I finally learned that his favorite Super Hero is Iron Man. Paramount pictures is working on an Iron Man movie (currently scheduled for release 2-May-08). I am planning on taking him to see this movie. The trailer has captured my attention... I am so looking forward to this movie.


Well, I need to run... after all, I need to save some randomness for future ramblings. :)

BTW - I tried to spruce up the ol' blog today. Hope you all ike it.



Verse for today:
Proverbs 25:4-7, ESV
Take away the dross from the silver,and the smith has material for a vessel;5 take away the wicked from the presence of the king,and his throne will be established in righteousness.6 Do not put yourself forward in the king's presenceor stand in the place of the great,7 for it is better to be told, “Come up here,”than to be put lower in the presence of a noble.

3 comments:

Amy L Buitendyk said...

Okay I so totally get the Webkinz thing! I find myself sitting and playing my boys different webkinz. LOL To my surprise they have a couple I would love to get as well - but honestly I can not bring myself to spend the money on them (the frogs and the elephants).

I think it is awesome about your friend! It will be cool for you two to go and see that movie together!

Glad you have that life long friendship/relationship!

Amy L Buitendyk said...

Oh and I totally forgot - love how you used pictures today!

Susan said...

Looks good...I don't even know what a webkinz is...and I don't think I want to!

I think random is sometimes fun. By the way, my brother had New Orleans' QB on his fantasy team and he scored negative 2 points yesterday! Not good. Not good at all.

Have a great day!