20070906

Getting used to watching the sunrise

I have had several opportunities to learn to appreciate a beautiful sunrise over the years. If I had to pick watching a sunrise, or a sunset, I like sunrises the most. Even when there is a chill in the air the rising sun has the promise of warmth. It also has the impression of promise. A promise of a new beginning. Like all things are possible. This morning I am at work once more - scheduled this time. The work went pretty well and I will be able to take off early. Unfortunately my brain is a little fuzzy due to the early hour. :) One thing I would love to comment on is that it is OPENING DAY for the NFL today! Tonight opens up the season with the New Orleans Saints playing the Indianapolis Colts. I am hoping to watch this game (if I can nudge my beloved off the from watching the US Open) because for 1. the Saints are in my Panthers division, and they look in good shape to lead the way in the NFC South, and 2. the Colts are the current NFL Champions. Sunday my Panthers open up their season against the St Louis Rams. Although I've started a seperate blog for me to comment and ramble on about my Panthers I do want to just touch on this game here . A friend and neighbor has offered to allow me and the family to come over at one o'clock to watch the game... and I am just itching to do it... LOL The Panthers are one point underdogs, which makes me feel pretty good since the home team is spotted three points. There are a lot of questions regarding the Panthers in my mind for this season - but the one thing I know for sure... "It is what it is", and nothing is for certain. I would like to see a reverse of the recent trend of the Panthers losing their opening day game - not having won on opening day since 2003. Well, I am off to go wrap things up, get home, and get back to bed... and a nice start to a long weekend. :~) Verse for today: Proverbs 6:16-19, ESV There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

2 comments:

Amy L Buitendyk said...

You are not the only one who is excited for the opening day this year. My dear Jack is excited as well. He made sure I knew what today was last night. lol Best of luck getting to watch the game tonight!

Enjoy your weekend! Get the things done you need to do!

Let Monday be the blessing it is meant to be for you both!

ysiC

Alise said...

I'm another one of those morning people who actually like sunrises. I used to love Easter morning when I was a kid -- going to service before the sun was up and coming out into a gorgeous sunrise was just one of the most amazing things to me. One church where there was a community sunrise service had this awesome windown in the front of the sanctuary facing the east, so if the service let out at the right time, we might get a glimpse of the sun shining behind the cross right at the close of the service. Absolutely one of the most spectacular moments of being a Christian, IMO.

I actually missed the Steeler's first game. We were running around trying to get Jason out the door for a work trip and completely missed the game. But I'm happy they won anyway!