20070927

Pieces of Memorabilia

Over the years I have been careful to not go crazy with various memorabilia for the Carolina Panthers. On my own I have never spent more than $5 on any piece of Panthers gear (eBay is a great thing). Over the years I've gotten a little more 'generous', but for the most part I do not like to spend a lot of money on these things.



Most of what i do have have been gifts either on my birthday, or for Christmas, or for my anniversary. This year I was just doing a random search on eBay for anything John Kasay (#4, place kicker for the Panthers, and last original Panther). What I was really hoping to find was one of the Panthers "throw back" blue uniforms - they are my personal favorite, and they only wear them twice a year - for Mr. Kasay. Why, you might ask? I have been wanting to get Panthers shirts, or sweatshirt, or Jersey of the three uniform colors to wear on game days (I have several items in black... I still need white and blue). But to cut to the chase, I found an autographed mini-Ridel helmet, signed by John Kasay himself.



After 1) seeing that it was to raise money for a cancer patient, 2) that the Panthers organization (supposedly) donated this helmet for said "charity", and 3) was signed by a man who I have considered a stand-up man for God, and example of a Christian man in the midst of success, a humble man - and of course the last original Carolina Panther; I quickly decided what my maximum bid would be and waited.



I was very happy when I found out that I had won this item. Those eBay commericals are coming back to me now. Anyway... I just wanted to share something silly... and now I am feeling a little bit self consious... and maybe even selfish...



I doubt Mr. Kasay would ever read this, but if he did I would like to tell him that as a Christian brother, I am inspired to be a better man of God by his remote example as displayed over the years. May God grant you the highest success - that of being drawn closer and closer to Him.



Verse for today:
John 17:1-4, ESV
When Jesus had spoken these words, he lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, “Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son that the Son may glorify you, since you have given him authority over all flesh, to give eternal life to all whom you have given him. And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do. And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.

1 comment:

Alise said...

That's very cool! I mean, I'm still all about the Stillers, but that's really neat.

Have a blessed weekend!