20070921

Is this the state of corporate America?

There is a training class that my company wants me to attend (IPv6) to prepare for future deployments that is over fifty miles from the office I currently work at. They are more than happy to pay for the training, but they are balking at putting me up at a hotel, and even paying for my meals. I'm not asking to be put up at the Ritz Carlton, and I am not expecting Filet Mignon everynight. But I think that it's crazy that 'they' are so stubburn about the accomodations when the training class was encouraged (not required just yet) by them, and arrangeed for, by them. I also have trouble getting appropriate training for the other certificates that I am expected to carry. I have trouble with on-line courses. I do not do very well with them. But I am expected to use them because they are cheaper than live instructor led ones. I get so frustrated that I've considered paying out of my own pocket to pay for testing to see if I do indeed have some kind of learning disability. Sheesh... If they want an educated work force, there should be some kind of accomodation for it - IMO. Verse for today: 2 Timothy 2:15-19, ESV Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, [2] a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. But avoid irreverent babble, for it will lead people into more and more ungodliness, and their talk will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus, who have swerved from the truth, saying that the resurrection has already happened. They are upsetting the faith of some. But God's firm foundation stands, bearing this seal: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity.”

1 comment:

Susan said...

Now that's just not RIGHT!!

You know, I have a relative who has trouble getting information in certain settings. He swears that he may have a Learning Disability, but that he was in school when it wasn't en vogue to identify kids. It's sad, because I think there are a whole bunch of VERY smart people out there who struggle and never really learned how to fill their own gap.

Blessings.

:-) Susan