20070904

Jesus bring the rain

Not long ago I heard a new song. At least it was new to me... right now I am not sure how old it was. But the Lord has really been using it in my life. It's titled "Bring the Rain", and it's by Mercy Me. The chorus goes like this:
Bring me joy, bring me peace Bring the chance to be free Bring me anything that brings You glory And I know there'll be days When this life brings me pain But if that's what it takes to praise You Jesus, bring the rain
And that has really been a desire of mine, but there are times when I struggle with this. Do I really want to go through hardships to being Him glory? What if God wanted me to lose my job? What about a serious illness? The book of Job has long been a favorite of mine. It is my favorite book in the Bible, and yet... to be honest... I don't want to have to go through that. I struggle in my flesh to really let myself go... to die to myself... daily. This Saturday I was called into work and ended up pulling an all nighter. There were times I was physically ill by what was going on. In the end it was resolved, and withing the customer's maintenance window. I did remember to give thanks in answer to my prayers that I was lifting up. As I slipped inbetween the sheets at o'dark thirty, just as the sun was beginning to crest the horizon, this song came to my mind once again. I remember chuckling to myself and smiling. Verse for today: Job 42:2-6, ESV “I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted. ‘Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?’ Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know. ‘Hear, and I will speak; I will question you, and you make it known to me.' I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees you; therefore I despise myself, and repent [1] in dust and ashes.”

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love this song, but I really wonder, like you, if I mean it when I sing it. Hope your schedule settles down a bit.

Susan