1. Would you rather host party or simply attend a party? ~ I am not really partial to crowds of more than say, 5 - that includes myself and my Beloved. So, having to choose between these two... i would much rather attend. That way i can find a less crowded corner or room to kind of disappear to. However, God has a sense of humor because my Beloved is an awesome hostess. She bakes and invites people over to relax. And if you are inviting one couple over might as well invite five, and their children. Although it is "uncomfortable", God has never allowed me to get complacent or comfortable. 8)
2. Tell us about the most memorable party you've been to. ~ The one that is most memorable one to me is the first one i was ever invited to. My brother and i had been invited to BARD's house. The age group was pretty diverse for such a party. College students, High School Students, and others. I remember because it was the first time i realized that i was not comfortable in a large crowd, and i learned that my brother could speak Orcish. 8) I had to walk all the way back home to tell my mom that he was puking his guts out. It just wasn't my scene. Although BARD and i have been reacquainted through muFacebook and other means. He is a fellow believer and a really good musician. It's a shame we live about 100 miles apart though.
3. What is one thing you hope for in the after-life? ~ Wow... that is a tough one. To be honest, i would be glad to just be cleaning the streets with my shirt tail. I truly hope to be able to learn how to play a musical instrument so that i may play in the workshop to God that way.
4. What do you enjoy most about sunshine? ~ I enjoy the penetrating warmth that can be felt after a long cold/wet night. When those first rays of sunshine hits your body you can almost literally feel the warmth soak into your skin.
5. When you attend a bridal/baby shower, do you prefer to bring your own gift or chip in with others to buy a larger gift? ~ 8| ... um.... i like chipping in. I never really know what to get, and this way i feel like i have contributed in a meaningful way. Even though it is not directly personal to me.
6. Would you rather have a FREE week of having your house cleaned or all of your meals cooked for you and your family? ~ I am leaning towards having the house cleaned. I grew up scraping by with whatever could be scrounged to eat, and i am still that way today. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy a well cooked meal, and my Beloved makes sure i never go hungry. But i think to best balance our gifts and season of life... a week of free house cleaning would be a real blessing.
7. What song describes your mood today? ~ He is Our King - by the David Crowder Band has been playing over and over in my mind today.
8. What is something you received for your own bridal shower/wedding that you still own or use? (If you are not married, feel free to sub a gift you received a long time ago.) ~ I cannot honestly remember any gift from my wedding day that we still use. My Beloved might be able to, but i cannot. However, my most treasured gift from my wedding day will be my bride and the ring she slipped on my finger. It is scratched, it has been resized, it has a gauge from my military days, but she is mine and i am hers.
9. Your favorite flavor of ice cream is? ~ .Vanilla, all other "flavors" are merely variations of the original. 8)
10. When was the last time you felt "tested?" ~ Other than today? There are "tests" everyday. The only question is how one is going to respond to the situations you find yourself. Tests of temptation, tests of persecution, tests of failures, test of prosperity. But in the end what does it matter what you find yourself in the middle of, but how you react to it.
11. "[Fill in the blank] is a food that once I start eating I find really hard to stop." ~ My Beloved makes a Chicken and Rice Casserole that i can eat until i get sick to my stomach. I have the same problem with her Pumpkin Pie too.
12. "-----" is the best motivation. ~ For me? Responsibility. If i don't care about something than i am not going to commit to competing/caring-about it. But knowing that others are counting on me is a pretty good motivator for me.