20100517

Music Monday - 20100517

I am pretty sure i have used this song on my Music Monday offerings before, but it keeps coming back to me.  Especially during times when i feel so incredibly inadequate of what God is doing in my life.  And the wonder of it all is i am.  I am undeserving, i am unworthy of my God's mercy and forgiveness.  And yet, there He is.  He goes to the cross when He could have called down legions of angels, who i am sure were chomping at the bit, anxious to be released.  And He should have been, but for me (and you).  If He comes down from the cross before my debt is paid in full i am not redeemed but lost, but because He has done these things i am saved.  How can one not cry out in praise to the King?

God with us
Mercy Me

Who are we
that You would be mindful of us
what do You see
that’s worth looking our way
we are free in ways that we never should be
sweet release from the grip of these chains
like hinges straining from the weight
my heart can no longer keep from singing

CHORUS
All that is within me cries
for You alone be glorified
Emmanuel
God with us
my heart sings a brand new song
the debt is paid these chains are gone
Emmanuel
God with us

Lord you know
our hearts don’t deserve Your glory
still You show
a love we cannot afford
like hinges straining from the weight
my heart can no longer keep from singing

CHORUS

Such a tiny offering
Compared to calvary
Nevertheless we lay it at Your feet

CHORUS



While i know there is nothing in and of myself that is worthy of praise or any of God's attention save His righteous wrath, i am a son of the King.  I am one with Christ.  Creation does not sing to me, but i get to sing with it, in unbriddled joy.

So many times i feel like Moses, but with not as big a mandate.  (Exodus 3) Who am i to be used by God?  And yet, God does use Moses, and He uses you and me... and we can sing with joy and boast in the Savior.  He not only uses us where we are, but His grace covers our inadequecies, and when we are we weak He is strong, and He receives the glory and honor.

1 comment:

Amy L Buitendyk said...

He does use us and that is an amazing thing.

Great song as well.