1. Please share one memory of your high school graduation. Pics would be great! ~ My High School graduation was a lonley affair. After joining the National Guard i found that i could not be promoted to Sergeant without a High School diploma, so i went to night school and obtained my GED. I remember that i actually did better at the English portion than i did on the Math portion, and that really surprised me.
2. What is one "emergency use" item you keep in your vehicle at all times? ~ I have a set of jumper cables with me at all times. It's a part of a small tool kit i keep in my trunk, and has been used on several occasions. I highly recommend not getting the cheapest set of cables. Go ahead and pay the little extra for the heavier gauge and you won't ever regret it.
3. In your region, do you celebrate graduation open houses? Addendum: (If so,) how many open houses/bridal showers/weddings are on your upcoming events calendar? ~ I've never even heard of such a thing.
4. Tell me one truth you believe about motherhood. ~ It amazes me the love and devotion a mother has for her children. I have seen my Beloved time and time again dive in to deal with things going on with our chidlren. Example 1: DD3 was dignosed with Cystic Fibrosis, she learned everything she could about treatments, good doctors in the area, etc. Example 2: DS2 and his Aspergers. I could fill blog pages a plenty with examples from her. Even my own mother, in her own way, devoted her life to making sure my brother and i were taken care of.
5. What was the last thing you broke? ~ I am way too proficent to keep track of such things. The list would be long. I try and fotget and move on... but i believe the last thing i broke was a piece of drywall on our stairs. I still need to finish repairing that thing.
6. On average, how many pieces of junk mail do you receive daily? ~ Four or five, unless you count e-mail and then it is at least a score or more.
7. Do you like to shop by catalog? ~ If i can't bring it up in a web browser and use the search feature, forget about it.
8. Is lawn maintenance at your house a "his job," a "her job" or "his/her job" or "that's why we have teenagers" job? ~ It is most definetely a "his job" deal. When my Beloved and i first got married we decided, inside "hers" - outside "his". Since then, a lot of things inside have become "ours", and even some "his", but the outside remains "his". I've been working on bringing my two boys up to speed with things like the lawnmower and hedgetrimmer, etc. But my DD3 is more willing to dive in and get dirty than my two older boys.
9. Which room would you like to redecorate in your home? ~ Whichever one my beloved wants me to. 8) Personally, i like the house the way it is, with the exception of me not have a "my place", but even then i can live with it... for now.
10. Do you read a newspaper regularly, or do you read most of your news on line? ~ If it's not on Headline News, or on my local paper's website, i don't read it.
11. Do you believe everything happens for a reason? ~ I believe every thing is allowed to happen for a reason, there is a difference, and that for the Christian all things will be used to help us grow in Christ. So, yes i believe everything happens for a reason.
12. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? ~ Yes. I question my motives and what it is exactly that i am supposed to be doing - am i doing the right thing. And i always want to do thing right.