20070423

Working on Sundays

I once had a boss who reminded me that the Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. To my shame I do not believe I truly hold the Sabbath as sacred as I should. I will revisit this... Yesterday I had to come into work to cover some 'routine' maintenance. This is the life of being support for wide area network. Unfortunately this maintenance ended up being anything but routine. It lasted all day. I know that God's Word talks about getting your donkey out of a pit and all. But I will need to see about how my family observes the "Lord's Day". I am behind the eight ball on today's load so I need to cut this short today. May the Lord bless each of you. Verse for today: Mark 2:23-28, ESV One Sabbath he was going through the grainfields, and as they made their way, his disciples began to pluck heads of grain. And the Pharisees were saying to him, “Look, why are they doing what is not lawful on the Sabbath?” And he said to them, “Have you never read what David did, when he was in need and was hungry, he and those who were with him: how he entered the house of God, in the time of Abiathar the high priest, and ate the bread of the Presence, which it is not lawful for any but the priests to eat, and also gave it to those who were with him?” And he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is lord even of the Sabbath.”

No comments: