20070403

The arch support

Well, I have a bulging disc somewhere in the lower back. By God's grace I was referred to a wonderful Chiropractor who is not ashamed to proclaim his faith in God. He also is not one to just prescribe medication off the cuff. He worked with me for sometime yesterday. I went home with a back brace that holds cold compresses, a book that goes over the back and the exercises he wants me to perform, and helped me learn why/how I hurt it in the first place. I am still uncomfortable, but I have a better peace of mind. Ok, I don't want this to be all about the back. :) I was able to watch a little TV yesterday and last night. I may have mentioned this before but the FCC rules on profanity on television are confusing to me. You can use the "f-bomb" or the 'primary' word to describe a messy diaper. But they can use the Lord's name in vain without hesitation. It makes me sad. Verse for today: Luke 12:8-12, ESV And I tell you, everyone who acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man also will acknowledge before the angels of God, but the one who denies me before men will be denied before the angels of God. And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but the one who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven. And when they bring you before the synagogues and the rulers and the authorities, do not be anxious about how you should defend yourself or what you should say, for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.”

2 comments:

Susan said...

Praying that your back continues to heal. I am always amazed at the stuff they can say (and now show) on regular TV. Sometimes it's downright disgusting.

Blessings.

:-) Susa

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I do hope and pray you feel better. And I agree with Susan on the TV thing. My youth pastor co-workers would go one further than Susan, though, and call it "butt-sgusting."