20060112

Dr. Pepper

Well, I had writter's block this morning and could not come up with something to write about. Should it be able more football stuff? Army stuff? Maybe about one of my hobbies (that I rarely have time to participate in). But then it came to me. Dr. Pepper - the absolute best soft drink in the world! Ok, I'm being silly here. But I do enjoy Dr. Pepper. Ever since I stayed with my uncle as a kid. He lived about 20 miles from the nearest grocery store (for some that may read this that may still be close, but when it is in the suburbs of Washington D.C. - that's far!) and would have cases stacked upon cases of it in his garage. Fast forward to today (a mere 30 or so years later) and I still buy Dr. Pepper by the case. Granted I have been working to curtail my habit because I know it's not good for me. Empty calories, the extra acidity in the stomach, and lately I've also started to feel like it could be dragging me down. That is I feel tired a lot. Not so tired I can't function, but just a general sense of being tired. So with the encouragement of some friends I am going to be scaling back my consumption to no more than one Dr. Pepper a day. I tried the cold turkey method and let's just say that it didn't go so well when I fell off the wagon. God willing, I will also start exercising more often as well. After all, I have at least one more APFT to get through. It would be nice to pass that one. Thought for the day: Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge,but he who hates reproof is stupid. - Proverbs 12:1 (esv)

2 comments:

Alise said...

Did you know that David Crowder lives in the house of the man who invented Dr. Pepper? If you're trying to cut back on this habit, maybe you can replace it with a David Crowder Band obsession?

~A

samurai said...

Thank you all for the encouragement to cut down, and hopefully eventually eliminate pop from my diet.