20060125

The Dawn of a New Day

I would like to say thank you for all who prayed for me and my family yesterday - and anytime in the past for that matter. Yesterday was a long day. Not difficult but long. What made it long was having to get the kids out of school early, get the kids all dressed up (and anyone who has children will know what a joy that can be), drive 90+ minutes to my Uncles house, then go to the funeral home for about 2 hours of a meet and greet, back to the Uncle's house for a couple more hours of family time, and then back home around midnight last night. The kids were great. No real problems with them getting rambunctious or out of hand. It was good to see some family from out of town, but getting up this morning for work. Ugh! I am worried about my Uncle though. He absolutely adored my Aunt and this has just devistated him. He was a very powerful man (and I don't want to elaborate) but to give an idea, the chapel held over 200 people and it was standing room only, and yet he feels totally alone. So far he does not want to even think about the mundane things of his life. And I can fully appreciate those thoughts. I cannot imagine what it would be like for me to lose my beloved. I believe he will be going to stay with his sons for a few days, but I am not sure. I think it might be good for him to get away from his house for a little while. Another Aunt of mine has offered to come back in a few weeks to help him go through the house etc. I have also offered him a place to stay if he needs it. I am just concerned about him. Right now he does not know the Lord Jesus as his savior, but I know he is asking some questions. My Uncle and his daughter (my cousin of course) are saved. But the rest of the family... not so much. While I'm thinking about it... The Reverend who ministered the memorial service seemed to skate around the eternity issue. Instead spoke of someone who was never critical of another (apparently there was some things this person did not know ;~) ). I know when we die we hope that people will remember us for the good things we do and say, and not the bad, but there just felt to be a falseness to the words coming from the pulpit. I have thought about when I die. I think I would like something akin toa New Orleans funeral. I know full well people will mourn, it is what we do. But I also want those to know me, and especually those whom I would call my "brothers" and "sisters" in Christ to rejoice. Throw a joyous celebration to celebrate the end to my eartly "sufferings" that I no longer have to look upon my Savior's face dimly, but in His full glory. And that it will be but a moment longer until I can rejoice around His throne with them once again. Some verses, though, did speak to me. I am going to post this Blog entry for now... but as the Lord leads I am going to 'attach' them below... My verse for today: God is our refuge and strength,a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Selah There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy habitation of the Most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved; God will help her when morning dawns. The nations rage, the kingdoms totter; he utters his voice, the earth melts. The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah Come, behold the works of the Lord, how he has brought desolations on the earth. He makes wars cease to the end of the earth; he breaks the bow and shatters the spear; he burns the chariots with fire. “Be still, and know that I am God.I will be exalted among the nations,I will be exalted in the earth!” The Lord of hosts is with us;the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah Psalm 46 esv

No comments: