20100903

Tagged!

Ace from Paint Splotches tagged me for this meme.  I'm supposed to answer her 8 questions then tag another 8 bloggers to answer them.  Here are my answers:

1. Why did you start blogging?
I'm not sure really.  I think i needed a creative outlet for some writing.  Along the way, especially early on, some people encouraged me, and i kept on going.  It was always a medium for me to work things out in my own head as opposed to being some kind of voice for this-that-or-the-other-thing.

2. If you could travel anywhere in the world with no restriction of costs, where would it be and why?
New Zealand comes to mind, but i am not sure why really.  Yes, it is very beautiful... but when i get there, and i've seen it... am i going to want to just not come back home?  I dunno... I've been interested in traveling to Ireland as well.  Then there's the Grand Canon... or Alaska...

3. Did you have a teacher in school that had a great influence on your life? If so, what?
I still remember Mr. Washington... History teacher.  He was the first teacher i remembered... but the teacher who had the greatest influence on me was a math teacher.  He challenged the class to create 101 math problems that would solve for 0 (zero) through 100.  The catch, you could only use four 4's and whatever math functions you needed to manipulate the answer.  I loved solving those problems.  Still do.

4. If you could spend the day with a famous person, who would it be, and what would you do?
Living: CJ Mahaney.  I know we are not to follow a "Peter" or a "Paul", but we are to follow only the Lord Jesus Christ.  But ever since God reached into my mind and heart through this Pastor i have been inspired by this man's passion for Christ.  To see Christ proclaimed and glorified.  If asked, i doubt CJ would remember this, but i was introduced to him once.  The man whom God sent to my home after my first day at Covenant Life Church, to share the things of Christ and introduce me to the church, brought me over and introduced me to CJ and his family.  It was at a Pizza Hut after a Sunday service.  I felt like we were intruding upon this man's personal time with his family, and even though he was the Pastor of the church, this was not an appropriate time to intrude in my opinion.  I gladly shook his hand, maybe mumbled something, but for the most part i just stood there waiting for the interruption to be over.  Not because i didn't want to get to know CJ, but because i did not feel it was appropriate right there.  But if i could spend a day with CJ, and the men with whom he interacts with, for a day, i would want to record it all.  To have a transcriptionist take exhaustive notes for me to review later... Lord willing, i would have some time before hand to pray for God to prepare me, to help me be able to absorb and listen, and then the grace to retain and apply.

No man is  perfect, and i am not of the opinion that CJ is either.  But in many ways i feel a familiarity with him.  Like we had similar experiences in life, and to see how God has transformed this man is deeply inspiring to me.

5. Toilet paper - over or under?
Under.  I tend to not use two hands and i try and tug the part i want off... more than once i have found myself with a yard or more of unspooled toilet paper staring back at me.  When i put it on the roll in the under method i do not experience this problem.

6. Name one thing in your life that you would do over if possible.
This is going to sound odd... but my marriage.  Not in an attempt to marry someone else, or because i feel that i have a bad marriage... but because there are so many things i would (hopefully) do differently.  So many mistakes that i could not make... so many hurtful words left unspoken...  so many missed opportunities taken advantage of.  My Beloved is an amazing woman... she deserved better out of me... but one is not able to turn back time.  Only God is the master of time, i am not.  I can only try and learn from my mistakes, pray that the learning curve is not all that long and trust in Him to heal the hurt and damage i have left in my wake... and it is a fairly noticeable one i leave too.  I am up at 12:15 in the morning, typing a blog that she will never read, all because i am struggling with my own failures.

7. Tell about your pets - if any.
I do not have any pets and this is by design.  I would have to take care of them, i would have to take them to the vet.  Eventually i would have to deal with them dying... and in the end... that is something that i do not want to deal with... so instead of enjoying a pet for years on end, i would rather just not deal with it at all.

8. Do you live in a small town or a large town. (You don't have to name the town.)
In the overall scheme of things it is a small town, but it is a suburb of a fairly LARGE city.  It's large enough that i can get to two different movie theaters, several grocery stores, and a mall.  But it is still pretty small in comparison to Washington DC, or Philadelphia, or even Trenton NJ.

Ok, i am now supposed to tag 8 other people and their blogs... i am not sure i can tag 8, but here it goes:

Yeve Eeffoc @ I Never Have the Answers
Alise @ Big Mama's Blog
Linda @ 2nd Cup of Coffee
My ADHD Me @ Monkeys are Funny
Susan @ Stony River
Susan @ Learning for a Lifetime
Gunny @ Semper Reformanda

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Great answers! It was fun learning some more about you...like you're a math geek. Those problems would have me beating my head off the wall in frustration (math is NOT my friend).

Can't wait to see the answers from a couple of your tags...they're my blog friends, too, and I can't believe I didn't think to tag them myself. :)

My ADHD Me said...

#5...HAHAHA Your ADD is showing. Only people like us can take a simple question and answer it with a paragraph.

You say you tagged me. I think I ducked just in time and you missed, BUT to keep the peace and because there isn't a referee, I'll give it to you. It will probably be next week.

Have a great evening!!