Welcome to the September 23rd edition of Thursday Thunks! Where we make you think a little bit before you blog! We pick a subject, and your job is to interpret it anyway you want.Write about it on your blog... simple as that.Maybe you can interpret it as a picture - we don't care!
1. We are changing your name. You have no choice. You get to pick it, but we must approve it. You must have a good reason. Ok, what is the name and reason?
For some reason, all my life, i have wanted to be called Ian. I have no rhyme or reason why. I do not know anyone named Ian, i do not have any heroes called Ian. I am not even aware of anyone in my family tree named Ian. I am not Irish, nor do i look like i might even possibly be Irish. The last name... i think i would like 'Christian'.
2. I say Shotgun, you say?
When i first read this i honestly read 'Shogun'. But in keeping with the actual word, when i hear 'Shotgun' i first want to say, 'PULL'! But then there is also a part of me that wants to say;
The Terminator: [picking up guns] The 12-gauge auto-loader.
Pawn Shop Clerk: That's Italian. You can go pump or auto.
[Hands the Terminator the pump action shotgun]
The Terminator: The .45 long slide, with laser sighting.
Pawn Shop Clerk: [Hands the Terminator a .45 gun] These are brand new; we just got them in. That's a good gun. Just touch the trigger, the beam comes on and you put the red dot where you want the bullet to go. You can't miss. Anything else?
The Terminator: Phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range.
Don't know why/how, but that scene has just stuck with me.
3. We are sending you away. Africa or Mexico?
Mexico, mostly because it would "feel" more familiar. Africa looks like an amazing place, but i lean towards the more familiar. Besides, except for the water, i really like the food.
4. When you're home alone, do you still close the door when you use the restroom?
Um... no. LOL... not sure why really... laziness. But i do still turn on the fan.
5. Berleen told me that I have to ask a mean question. Tell us about a horrible memory.
When i left for basic training my "girl" promised she would be there when i got back. She was, but unbeknownst to me she had not only hooked up with my brother, and they were engaged to be married. In the end, it all worked out... they got divorced and she took him for EVERYTHING. Sometimes it's good to lose those childhood fights.
6. What are your plans for October?
My life is so crazy right now i couldn't tell you what my plans are for this weekend, let alone October. I am pretty sure there are some soccer games in there, maybe a lawn cutting or two. Get the lawn mower ready for the winter. You know, exciting stuff!
7. Is there anyone that you regret ever meeting ?
My mother's second husband (at least i think he was the 2nd). A big bear of a man. When i see him in my mind's eye today i picture almost a reverse triangle. He worked on fishing trawlers as a teenager... he had stories of hauling in nets with his bare hands. Built like a cement pillar. He was a mean drunk and was not afraid to throw his weight around, if you know what i mean. I still remember his name (which will not be shared here). I am very glad that my mom's marriage to him did not last more than 4 weeks. When sober he was a great guy, and his mother was awesome. We would go out to Chincateague almost every weekend to visit her. So it was not all bad.
8. You have 3 months left to live, what do you do?
I've not a clue to be honest with you. I really do try and enjoy every day. Only God knows my end of days. Until it is revealed to me i don't think i am going to use up any CPU cycles on it.
9. You wake up in an unfamiliar place, what is your first reaction?
"Why did i ever listen to ______?"
10. Your phone rings at 4am, just before you kill this person, who do you expect it would be?
Work. I have an "electric leash" and i the POC for my site's computer room AND i am part of a rotational on-call schedule. I am pretty slow to "pull the trigger" after it having been this way for some time. 4 AM still hurts when woken up like this though.
11. You're having a bad day, what one thing can make your day better?
My beloved. She has a way of making me smile and feel better. A good nap is almost as nice, but not quite.
12. You are doing a meme written by the blogosphere's shadiest character. Is there anything else that you should be doing right now?
I would like to plead the 5th on this one.
13. If money were not a problem, (and it never is, right? Yes, I stole this ______ question. Sue me.) where would you like to live?
I am actually already living where i would want to die at. If money were no object it might be a different parcel of land, and a different architecture style of house, but geographically, i am living exactly where i want to be, grow old, and eventually pass from this world, at.