1. Ever had any run-ins with the "library police?" ~ The worst i've ever experienced is a late notification being received. Everything was fine and dandy once i returned the books in question. I was fortunate to not encounter the dark suits and sunglasses.
2. Do you have a special organizational plan and place for wrapping paper, gift bags, etc., or do you just purchase whatever you need as you give gifts? ~ My sole responsibility at Christmas time is to wrap presents. It can take me more than 10 minutes per package. More if it is an odd shape. Now, having said that, as much as i would like to have a little work table, with all of my supplies laid out on it... it usually ends up me on the floor, or coffee table in an uncomfortable cross legged seat, my legs going numb and my back going out. Even during the year, my Beloved brings the prize to me for wrapping before any birthday party/shower event/etc.
3. Have you ever been in (first-hand witness) a natural disaster? ~ By God's grace, i have never experienced a natural disaster first hand - that is i have never been where one was happening, but i have seen the devastation first hand on a few occasions. Being a member of the National Guard exposed me to several floods where we were deployed to help out. I was also deployed to help after Hurricane Katrina and Rita (which rolled in while we deployed - some intense hours in Army huts at the end of an Air National Guard runway) Some help was not as easy as others. I will never forget the sight... the devastation , the smell... or the sense of personal pride of being able to do something, anything, to help.
4. What's your favorite Barry Manilow song? ~ Barry who? Just kidding Linda... um... to be honest... never really a fan of Mr. Manilow. The only song that comes to mind is "I Write the Songs".
5. What's the best costume you've ever worn? ~ Ooh... that brings back some memories. Way back, before High School, i was into the Rock group KISS. Ace Freeley being my personal favorite of the group.
My costume was not Ace, but of a zombie soldier. I mentioned the KISS connection only because of the makeup, which completed this costume. I spiked out my hair to make it look matted and stuff. I did a full white face and neck and then used black to make it look like a skull. Then i colored pieces of smooth toilet paper and paper towels with a pale flesh color and then stuck layers of the stuff in various places all over my face and neck. Highlighted various areas with "dried blood", etc. I had some memorable reactions to that one. The desire to get in costume, even at sci-fi or renaissance festivals, has waned dramatically since then though.
6. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus? ~ Thesaurus, definitely. I have come to rely on spell check in both Word and Firefox way too much. I find that it also helps a lot in my writing. Especially when i am using the same word over and over. The Thesaurus helps me find other words that mean the same thing, sometimes even fits better.
7. What's your favorite breakfast food? ~ French Toast. Yummy! Although, a really good Blueberry Muffin, say from Dunkin Doughnuts, will give them a run for their money on some mornings.
8. Have you ever purchased anything from an infomercial? ~ Not directly, but now that our local mall has an "As seen on TV" Store... a few. The ShamWow is awesome. I also have the drain snake. Both work as advertised.
9. Have you ever crawled through a window? ~ Not sure why, but i actually chuckled at this question. The answer is yes. As a latchkey kid there was many a time i would forget my key and have to find my way in. Especially since there was a better chance than even my mom would not be home until late. Now i look back and realize i should have been more responsible and made sure i had my key, back then it was just my normal way of doing things.
10. Do you believe in love at first sight? ~ I do. It happened to me... even though i was too daft to recognize it at first. The afternoon i met my Beloved she was supposed to be on a canoe trip, and i was being introduced to her roomate on a blind date. The three of us spent a whole football game talking about the Sovereignty of God. Later, after the homecoming dance and dinner, the whole Christian group from her college went to Denny's and later to a park (at 1 AM). Two or three days later i was on the top of a ladder, working on someone's gutters (i was a carpenter's apprentice at the time), when the Holy Spirit gently tapped me on my shoulder and "asked" me if i had been paying attention. It took a little while, but i eventually got my act together and got in touch with her... even though we were seperated by over 50 miles, and i didn't have my own car.
11. How man pairs of jeans do you own? ~ Umm... four. 2 black, and 2 blue. One of the blue ones are really faded, the other is too long in the leg. One of the black pair is too small now that i've added on some "love handles". I'd wear them all the time if i could get away with it though.
12. If someone were going to bake a cake to honor/represent you, what would it be? (Think creatively, like Duff and Crew on "Ace of Cakes.") ~ I am not a big fan of fondant cakes. The icing is not all that delectable... in my opinon. However, i think a cake that would represent me would have to have four elements... 1) It should look sort of like the Matrix or TRON... 2) It should have some samurai elements... 3) It must incorporate some Elven influence, and finally 4) It must represent my faith in Christ. The first 3 could be summed up by one word/genre/game: Shadowrun, while the later could be represented by using a cross.