1. Define a great relationship. ~ Whew, nothing like starting off with an easy one, eh? Wow... umm, i think it starts with not taking yourself too seriously (something i really struggle with). Communication is key, and i am not saying talking to one another... but with one another. Grace... not only do we benefit with the grace from above, but when we extend it to one another - and ourselves(!). Remember, no one has it right straight out of the gate. It takes work. Hard work. It is NOT a 50-50 type of deal. It takes 100% effort from both parties, because there will be times when your 100% is severely lacking, and your partner is going to have to come more than half way to meet you - and vice-versa.
2. Why is it called a "drive-through" if you have to stop? (Real question: What was the last food/drink you purchased at a drive-through?) ~ It was a breakfast burrito and large Coke, but after watching Supersize Me i am not sure i will ever eat fast food again! I can't fathom eating bugs, even to survive (which makes me glad i never tried SERE school), and now... i am thinking i might just go hungry the next time i am in a hurry.
3. As I type this, the Butler Bulldogs are getting ready to play in the NCAA championship game. Every Hoosier is hysterical about this except me. So in honor of the Bulldogs ... what is your favorite breed of dog? (I tried.) ~ LOL, my all time favorite is the Welsh Corgi. I had one when i was a teenager, and "Lord Spastic" (Spaz for short) was my best friend and confidant. He went everywhere with me, that i was allowed to take him that is. He had a great disposition, he rarely barked, and he was great around other people. I used to answer "Siberian Husky" to this question, but i've thought about it, and the Corgi is the winner.
4. If you had to move to a state besides the one you currently live in, where would you move? ~ I don't really know. I've thought maybe Arizona, or New Mexico... but when it is 120 degrees... does it really matter if there is humidity or not? A few friends have recommended Wyoming, but once i heard about another friend's story where his running pickup truck froze to the ground... forget about that! Alaska is beautiful, but cold a lot of the time. Montana is also beautiful but in addition to be so cold in the winter is being fairly isolated. I love the architecture and the "affordability" of the housing in Texas, but it is not only HOT, but humid as well. Hawaii... but only if i win the lottery first so that i can afford the $10 gallons of milk, etc.
5. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be? ~ That is a really deep question. Wow... um... i would like to not move around so much. Before the age of 18 i lived in Washington DC, Cherry Hill NJ, Philadelphia PA, Brooklyn NY, Arlington VA, Annandale VA, Springfield VA, Athens WV (if my cousins read this, yes i count those three awesome months i spent with you guys), Olney MD, and Rockville MD. Some of these places more than once. For example, between the end of the 8th grade and the start of the 10th grade i lived in 7 different places and attended 3 different schools (not counting the schools i attended in 8th or 10th grade). When i was 16 my mother announced that she was moving (yet again), i couldn't take it any more. At the time we were living with a family who had kindly taken us in. I asked the mother if i could stay with her, and she graciously consented. I was charged a minimal rent, but she helped me stabilize my life. Thank you Mom II. I really hope and pray that i get to say so in person in heaven.
6. Who's the funniest person you know? ~ Ah... humor. 8| So relative, so personal humor is. Bill Cosby is hands down THE funniest man i know of. I like quite a few comedians, but Mr. Cosby is it! He is clean, he is factual, and he can deliver the build up and punchline with great timing.
7. Did you get enough sleep last night? ~ Hahahahahahahahaha - no. I've not had a good night's sleep in a long time, but i recently purchased a 2.5" memory foam mattress topper, and it has improved my quantity of sleep immensely. Tomorrow i will get fitted for a CPAP machine which should improve things even more.
8. What's the first thing you thought about this morning? ~ I gave thanks to God for another day, and i asked Him to give clarity to the doctors who would be performing and reading the MRI i was to have done. I've mentioned it previously, but apparently something i had as a young child has been with me all this time and it resurfaced (i.e. was finally noticed again) during my recent sleep studies. My 'flesh' has been pretty nervous over it all, but God has brought me this far and i place my trust in Him to take me through to the point of standing before His throne. This "thing" should have prevented me from ever getting a driver's license and out of the military altogether ~ but it hasn't. It has also not apparently impeded my career or my family life, nor is it life threatening. So, my first thought was gratefulness, and requesting His guiding hand to continue to shape my life.
9. Grilled or Fried? --HONESTLY ~ That totally depends on what we are talking about. However, i would say my preference is mostly for grilled. My mouth is watering just thinking about vegetable skewers simmering with a tasty marinade, or some well seasoned steaks... Ok... now that i am distracted i cannot think of one thing i life fried...
10. Are you afraid of the dark? ~ Not really. I can usually find my way around pretty easily if i am a little familiar with the area. I've also been pretty good at finding my way in unfamiliar places. One thing does come to mind, if i am in a very cramped place that i am not familiar with, and it is completely dark... i might freak out about that.
11.When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? ~ Archangel of the X-Men. I so wanted to be able to fly high above the earth. Go where i wanted and just breath the air. The X-Men were my first serious favorite comic book series. I related much more with Wolverine though.
12. If you had one word to describe yourself , what would you choose? ~ Have you never read my blog! One word! You can't be serious (i am picturing John McEnroe in my head right now). Um... RANDOM.