20090818

Recovery

Last night i stayed up to watch the pre-season Monday Night Football game between the Carolina Panthers and the New York Giants. I am so tired my eyes hurt *chuckle*. For the most part i was not very happy with what i saw. The Giants were able to open holes large enough to drive a semi through without being touched, and the offense just couldn't move the ball very well. I am not giving up on the season, i am just not happy with what i was seeing last night. 9-7 is all i dare hope for this year. It is a meek goal on the part of a fan, and i know the official party line down at the Panthers training camp is they feel they can go all the way to Super Bowl XLIV, but let's be honest. The Panthers have never put together back to back winning seasons. For me... that is the next goal. The next is to win the division... then the Conference... then the Super Bowl. What an exciting end to a pre-season game though! It is only the pre-season though. Hope springs eternal! The in-laws have left as of this morning. They were extremely helpful watching over my beloved. Helping to get things done around the house, to include the repairing of two bathroom sinks, one dining room chair, the garage door opener, and all of the laundry dishes and meal making. It was immeasurable and i hope i conveyed that in my expression of thanks to them this morning. I have not been writing of late. Well, actually not since before the summer break began. As a result a lot of the ideas i had then are a little stale... and i even have ideas to change them up some. I still have the same five characters i had back then, but i am going to be changing one of them and adding one more. I still have all of my notes and outline... but i am trying to figure out how to incorporate the changes i want to make now. I also need to just get writing like my friend "Yeve". She has been typing up around 4,500 to 5,000 words a week! I am jealous and happy for her. Recently God has been bringing me through a "growing" season. I will not be more specific than that right now, but it has more to do with than just helping my beloved through her recovery from surgery. One thing remains the same though... i know of His faithfulness and i know that no matter how things play out in the next 5 days, 5 months, 5 years, and (hopefully) 5 decades, He will remain steadfast and that all things will work together to mold me into the image of Christ more and more. In closing i want to share a quote i read at a fellow 'Elf's' blog: "Know Scripture! How can one wield a sword poorly forged?" In essence we each are forging our own 'sword' in order to wield in our spiritual fight. It is forged as we read more and more into the Word of God. It becomes stronger the more we put our nose in His book, and suffers from neglect the more we avoid the things of God and His Word.

3 comments:

Laedelas Greenleaf said...

Glad to see that you're sharpening your katana, Samurai :-)

Amy L Buitendyk said...

It is about time you put your nose back to the grindstone of writing!

I think we all let things get in the way of the gifts God has given us.

Writing is a gift He has given you.

I can't wait to read!

My ADHD Me said...

I liked that last sentence. I tend to forget to prioritize my time, and then my Bible time gets neglected.

As for in-laws, you and I are very lucky. Mine are also the type that would be right there beside me. I'm sure you've heard horror stories about in-laws....I guess we were blessed.

Now as for my own mother.....

Have a great day!