20080408

Dreams continued

I had another dream last night. The only reason this is seems 'blog-worthy' is that I rarely remember my dreams - if I have them at all (and since I am told that we all dream every night, I can only assume I just don't remember them).

Last night's dream had me, and several unknown friends, running around in a junkyard. I was there to meet with someone (a 'known and trusted friend' apparently) who was going to be doing some repairs for some kind of VIP (this person had several body guard types). Then as the dream ended I was back out int he Junkyard again getting ready for... something.

There seems to be sort of a common thread - at least according to Dream Moods (a sort of on-line dream dictionary if you will). I am not one to really swallow up Psycho-babble without trying to think it through, but since I don't have a "Joseph" in my life, I am sort of left to pray to God for my answers. I also will use resources I feel God has led me to. If anyone who stumbles across this blog has an interpretation of these dreams I would be most welcome to hear it.

Anyway - for now this is what I have found out:
-=-=-=0=-=-=-
Radioactive (the type of 'toxin I was exposed to) items are suppressed emotions that will cause problems in the long run if not dealt with.

Vaccinations suggest the need to overcome vulnerabilities. Short term pain - long term gain.

Invasion is a need to be more assertive. To stand up for myself.

Air Raid represents a feeling of a lack of control/overwhelmed.

Airplane supposedly means that I will overcome my obstacles.

Police are a sign that I feel a sense of failure to fulfill some sort of honor or obligation.

Seeking shelter reveals a sense of helplessness of the trials I am facing.

A Father figure symbolizes authority and protection. A suggestion that I need to be more self reliant. Consider also my working relationship with my Father.

A Junkyard symbolizes fear, frustration, or a sense that I need to shed some old behaviors and/or habits.
-=-=-=0=-=-=-
Since last week I have been praying for God to reveal what I need to see. Last night (the junkyard dream) could be an answer of sorts. I may elaborate more in a future blog, but for now this seems to be a prod of sorts with something I have been dealing with since just before I was married. A feeling of being called for a kind of ministry - but an overwhelming feeling of inadequacy and the recent "issues" at my church may be bringing this back to the surface.

One thing I am most concerned with is that there is only one true God. And I aim to follow Him. So I am also scared of being led astray...

All I can say is... "stay tuned"...
Verse for today:
Deuteronomy 13 : 1-4, ESV
If a prophet or a dreamer of dreams arises among you and gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or wonder that he tells you comes to pass, and if he says, ‘Let us go after other gods,’ which you have not known, ‘and let us serve them,’ you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams. For the Lord your God is testing you, to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. You shall walk after the Lord your God and fear him and keep his commandments and obey his voice, and you shall serve him and hold fast to him.

No comments: