20080402

Where to turn

My beloved and I have gone through this before. There is this underlying feeling that something is wrong, and we are left to try and figure out what God's will is for us.

I am not sure how much to write about here as there are some close friends who occasionally read these ramblings. It's not like I am trying to conceal a sin. A situation has come to light at the local church I attend and it has caused me some concern. So much so that I am considering taking my family away from that church and to another one. This is hard because we are deeply involved there. We serve in ministry there. Our children are involved in a lot of activities there. We have made a few friends there. But at the same time this issue has caused me to rethink our continued involvement there. And it is not just my family.

Should we stick it out? Should we bring these concerns to others? Right now it is not possible to bring this issue to the person as I should not know the situation.
Verse for today:
Titus 1 : 7-9, ESV
For an overseer, [4] as God's steward, must be above reproach. He must not be arrogant or quick-tempered or a drunkard or violent or greedy for gain, but hospitable, a lover of good, self-controlled, upright, holy, and disciplined. He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound [5] doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it.

2 comments:

GUNNY said...

Those issues are so tough and the decisions regarding going or staying are tougher.

I'll be praying for you family (and others) and the church.

PJ said...

Prayers for you and your family. Secrets are such a difficult thing, and they divide. Before I listen to "secrets" I have learned it is best to assert that if someone else is being hurt, I may have to bring it to someone's attention. Then they have a choice to tell me or not. That's an especially safe course in family and church situations. Some secrets are best not kept! Or not known!