20080331

Musical Monday

Have you ever heard a worship song that just struck home? A song that hits that cord and you cannot help but feel it touch something deep within your heart, within your soul? The song I would like to share for today is one such song in my life. I remember being drawn to my knees, I remember God giving me a mercifully brief glimpse into my own heart and past, and then at the same time pulling me into a place where I have seen how merciful and gracious He has been to me. I remember tears welling up in my eyes as I would listen and sing.



Haven't You Been Good
By Steve Earl

These lyrics accompany the song Haven't You Been Good from the I Stand In Awe album.

Thank You for the cross
Thank You, Lord, for drawing me
Out of millions lost
Thank You, Lord, for saving me
Haven’t You been good?
Haven’t You been so good?

Glory to Your name
Glory to Your holy name
Thankfulness and praise
For grace and mercy never changing
Haven’t You been good
Haven’t You been so good to me?

Favor on my life
Always watching over me
My darkness turned to light
And heaven’s arms enfolding me
Haven't You been good?
Haven't You been so good?

© 1998 Sovereign Grace Worship (ASCAP).



This morning, as I was getting ready to type this blog up it occurred to me. What about the copyright and intellectually property rights to these songs I post and write about most Mondays? I am researching the details so... some changes might be made here in the next day or two, or coming weeks. I won't stop posting about the songs God has used in my life, but the format may change. :-)
Verse for today:
Isaiah 1 : 18, ESV
“Come now, let us reason [3] together, says the Lord:
though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red like crimson,
they shall become like wool.

1 comment:

PJ said...

Loved the song...it is one to contemplate. . . You know, I'm thinking that way you're referring us to a place to sample and then purchase, you're well within the legal range. You were at a registered bookstore. I do wonder sometimes about the youtube ones. But several times I've been referred to a song and then I want it -- I purchase the song or album.

It will be interesting to see what you discover.