20080311

Is it me, or is the week dragging its feet?

This whole daylight savings thing is really causing my sense of time to fail me. I know I tend to live a fast paced lifestyle (and I am not talking nightlife here - lol), but when it takes this old man over a week to recover from the time shift some thing's wrong. Ok, nothing is wrong, I am just old. ;-)

I know it is important to keep your kids engaged in activities, but it sure wears you down. Music on Mondays; Soccer (or football for those who are not from the U.S.) on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday; Wednesday is for 'rest'; Soon we will be doing the Horse riding therapy sessions for DS2 on Thursdays, I still have my National Guard obligation until latter this year, we do children's ministry at church so that takes up time; Awana's Sunday night; and now my beloved is working four nights during the week. By the time a day off rolls around I am pooped!

Without just coming to a screeching halt I don't know what to do... all I keep hearing is, "I'm sorry", but when I say we are too busy I just get "the look". Anyway... at least I am one day closer to seeing my heavenly home.

I am really trying not to wish the week would rush by so that I can get to Friday (when I take my beloved on a little retreat just for the two of us), but I want that time to get away from the rat race. The problem is... those two days will fly by as fast, if not faster, and then I will just have a tease of a taste of what I would like it to be more like.
Verse for today:
James 1:2-8, ESV
Count it all joy, my brothers, [2] when you meet trials of various kindsfor you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

No comments: