20080305

Misc Ramblings

Ok, it is now Wednesday afternoon... and I have no idea what to write about today.

I am just under 3 months away from my CCNA expiring, and I am beginning to freak out. I don't know what it is... but when I read those huge Cisco Press books my head starts spinning. I can't seem to keep all of the information straight. Once I learn it though, my mind is able to almost visualize a virtual world of how the bits flow through the buffers and access-lists. My employer also has some great training aids through an on-line internal server. But I run into the same problem. But, I need to take advantage of these resources to try and get as much into the cranium as possible.

Only 24 more days in uniform until the season of my National Guard commitment comes to an end. I know I've talked a lot about this recently, but it has encompassed over half of my life and it will soon be coming to an end. Not an unwanted end, but still, an end. I am pretty glad that it is coming to an end on my terms so to speak. I am really shaping things up the way I want to end it, and I am still being a contributing member right up until the end.

I am feeling a tad lonely of late. My beloved as taken a part time job at a local college, and she works evenings. The result is I see her for about 15 minutes in the morning, 15 minutes in the afternoon (if I'm lucky and I don't have to work over any), and then I stay awake until she gets home around 2300 (11pm for you civilians) - we then are so tired we sort of watch a show together and fall asleep. There is not much time left... for now this will only last until May... but I am concerned that I will not be able to provide sufficiently for her to return to being a SAHM like should has told me she wants to be. I've expounded upon this before, so I am not going to do so more here.

My brother is returning home from Iraq this weekend, and we are looking forward to going to see him. He was a part of the group that my unit got assigned to for the deployment so a handful of them will be home also. The rest will be filtering in soon. It will be good to have them home again.

On a totally off of my usual topic, I have been itching to make some models for Necromunda. Every once in a while I get the urge to build these kinds of things, buildings or miniatures (my "little army men" as my beloved refers to them), or sometimes even vehicles. My problem is I make my buildings too symmetrical. The Necro "world" is very much a decrepit, recycled type of atmosphere. I used to spend a lot of time with my lifelong friend from High School, doing these kinds of things. We would sit around, listening to very loud music, sipping highly caffeinated drinks, doing very delicate painting and assembling. I can still visualize a mini that I did that included a fake tree, and a great camouflage pattern. I've long since lost it, but I really liked it. Hmm... I just need to get a small desk/hutch for the corner of my bedroom. Then I'll have a place to play with the models.

That's all I have for random thoughts for today... God bless.
Verse for today:
Psalm 25:1-5, ESV
To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
O my God, in you I trust;
let me not be put to shame;
let not my enemies exult over me.
Indeed, none who wait for you shall be put to shame;
they shall be ashamed who are wantonly treacherous.

Make me to know your ways, O Lord;
teach me your paths.
Lead me in your truth and teach me,
for you are the God of my salvation;
for you I wait all the day long.

No comments: