20080225

Musical Monday

Ok, over the weekend I had another attack of nostalgia and downloaded Pinball Wizard, by The Who. When I was a kid I played Pinball all the time. It was what kept me and my brother occupied while my mom had us at the bar she was at. I was never nearly as good as the guy in this song, but I really enjoyed playing. Even today i still will drop a quarter or two into pinball machine when I see one. If I ever win the lottery (which will be hard since I rarely ever buy a ticket) I want to buy a machine for the house.

Pinball Wizard
Ever since I was a young boy
I've played the silver ball
From Soho down to Brighton
I must have played them all
But I ain't seen nothing like him
In any amusement hall
That deaf, dumb and blind kid
Sure plays a mean pinball

He stands like a statue
Becomes part of the machine
Feeling all the bumpers
Always playing clean
Plays by intuition
The digit counters fall
That deaf, dumb and blind kid
Sure plays a mean pinball


Since my childhood I've gotten into Sim Pinball games for the PC. Especially the older 'Pro Pinball' sims. Hmm... I think I will look around for some more up to date PC pinball games. LOL

I pray you all had a great weekend experiencing God's grace and mercy...
Verse for today:
Proverb 25:2-7, ESV
It is the glory of God to conceal things,
but the glory of kings is to search things out.
As the heavens for height, and the earth for depth,
so the heart of kings is unsearchable.
Take away the dross from the silver,
and the smith has material for a vessel;
take away the wicked from the presence of the king,
and his throne will be established in righteousness.
Do not put yourself forward in the king's presence
or stand in the place of the great,
for it is better to be told, “Come up here,”
than to be put lower in the presence of a noble.

No comments: