20080212

Musical Monday

Ok, I know it's Tuesday... and last week I put this up on Tuesday... but, better late than never. This week I have an excuse (last week I was just lazy). I've started taking the Monday's after drill weekends off. It's just nice to have that break in between. Long ago I remember having to go weeks in between days off... and it wears on you. Especially us old people.

One thing I did try and do over the weekend was to go to an Irish pub to try and catch some live Irish music. Wouldn't you know that they had a duet singing classic rock songs! :P I was a little disappointed.

On to my song for this week...

Word of God Speak by Mercy Me

I'm finding myself at a loss for words
And the funny thing is it's okay
The last thing I need is to be heard
But to hear what You would say

[Chorus]
Word of God speak
Would You pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty
To be still and know
That You're in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In Your holiness
Word of God speak

I'm finding myself in the midst of You
Beyond the music, beyond the noise
All that I need is to be with You
And in the quiet hear Your voice

[Chorus 2x]

I'm finding myself at a loss for words
And the funny thing is it's okay

I find songs that draw attention to what I might call a 'silent awe', or introspection, really speak to my soul. There was a Petra song (the title escapes me right now) that was really good in this regard as well.

I don't mean this in a self-beating-down kind of way either. There are just times when I think it is good to reflect and meditate on who God is, and who we are in relation to Him. And then, when I think about all that He has done, it just fills me with wonder and awe.


Oh, a quick P.S. - I managed to sell off some old bags that I had laying around, so when I told my beloved about the new bag I was able to hand her the cash to offset the expense. :-) I really chuckled at the comments by Susan and Lisa. Thank you for that encouragement ladies. :-)
Verse for today:
1 Kings 19:11-12, ESV
And he said, “Go out and stand on the mount before the Lord.” And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore the mountains and broke in pieces the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. And after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. And after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire the sound of a low whisper. [1]

2 comments:

GUNNY said...

"Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty"

How sweet are those lyrics?

Thanks, brother!

Susan said...

I love this song so much!! It really speaks to me each time I hear it.

Glad you were able to sell off some old bags.

Susan