20080229

Everyone's working for the weekend

Well, I don't know if that's 100% accurate. To me the weekends just blend right in with the rest of the week. This morning I had to ask my beloved what day of the week it was! And my work week still has two more days to go before my day off, but more importantly it is a mere two weeks until I take my beloved away for a weekend at Hershey with my "candy savings".
It has taken me almost two years to save up enough to take her away, but it will be nice to just have some one-on-one time. We've already decided what we are going to do to.... sleep! LOL

Well, I am looking at the calender... only 26 more day in uniform. Just under six months. It's kind of hard to maintain your focus when things are getting so short. I was thinking more about way-back-when this morning. Basic was a whirlwind for me. Thirteen straight weeks - OSUT (One station unit training). With the exception of the first two weeks, and the last week, we marched out Range Road Monday morning, and we marched back Friday night/Saturday morning. That gave us time to get our uniforms, and our bodies washed up to turn around and do it all over again. The order of chow was based on barracks inspection. Now, even though we didn't spend much time in them, we didn't do a real good job of cleaning them. We came in 3rd once, 3nd once, and dead last 11 other weeks. But we kicked butt on the field competitions. I guess what they say is true... no combat ready unit ever passed inspection. Well, we were a bunch of trainees... so, that probably doesn't apply. :-)
Verse for today:
Proverbs 29:1-4, ESV
He who is often reproved, yet stiffens his neck,
will suddenly be broken beyond healing.
When the righteous increase, the people rejoice,
but when the wicked rule, the people groan.
He who loves wisdom makes his father glad,
but a companion of prostitutes squanders his wealth.
By justice a king builds up the land,
but he who exacts gifts [1] tears it down.

No comments: