20110126

Wednesday Wickedness - 20110126

Hi and welcome to Wednesday Wickedness! We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!

Personally, i am not a huge fan of Mr. Gervais, but that does not make him any less interesting.  Again, this is one week behind the full fledged die hard participants of this meme.

Today we picked Ricky Gervais. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!

1. “Why by a book when you can join a library.”
When was your last trip to a library?
Hmm, that is a good question.  A few months ago.  I was helping DS1 on a project of his.  I do agree that the library is an awesome place to pick up and read books, all without the expense of ever having to purchase a book again.  Having said that, there would be far fewer authors to write interesting books without those who purchase them.  Sort of like, why purchase another song when you can just download them on the internet.

2. “People see me in the suit and they know I'm not fooling anyone, they know I'm rock and roll through and through.”
Does your attire properly represent you?
Dunno.  Never really cared.  'Function over fashion' is a personal motto.  So... then again... maybe it does.

3. “I'm from a little place called England ... We used to run the world before you.”
Do you feel the United States really runs the world?
Puh Leaze... although, many citizens of the United States would like to think so.  The United States does have a lot of influence around the world, and they do tend to use that influence whenever possible, but does the United States run the world?  I am pretty sure Mr. Putin and Mr. Jintao would have something to say about that... as well as a few others.

4. “No one grows up saying 'I hope I work in an office one day?' And that fascinated me. People from 16 to 65 are just thrown together and that is a tantalizing mix.”
When was the last time that you worked in an office like that?
The office i work in currently is fairly diverse.  Not quite 16, but in the mid to lower 20's up through the 60's.  It is an excellent environment.  In my immediate area i work closely with someone in each decade of life from the 30's to the lower 60's.It really has made for a fun and good work dynamic.

5. “Where there's a will-there's a relative!”
Do you have a will? If yes, have you ever changed it?
I have had at least three, so yes i do, and i have changed it.  Mostly to reflect the addition of children as they come along.  Since all of my belongings, etc. are going to go either to my beloved or my children, it has been pretty straight forward.  I should probably update it again since it has been a few years since the last update.

6. "When I see a toreador in a bullfight getting gored I think: `Good, you shouldn`t be in there`. What is the pleasure in seeing an animal speared to death? It`s the same with fox hunting. They`re just psychopaths.”
How do you feel about bull fighting and hunting?
I feel about Bull Fighting like i feel about Mixed Martial Arts fighting between two human-beings. It is inane and does not make any sense.  It is brutality for brutality sake.  Hunting i am a little different with.  I know too many families that do so for supplementing their grocery budget.  In other cases the hunters have donated the meat gathered to charity organizations that feed the homeless and less fortunate.  In a lot of cases the hunters help curb over population of some species.  I see what Mr. Gervais is saying here though... Fox hunting is more of hunting for sport, versus a need.  Personally i do not see a need to hunt just to kill something, but for food i do not have a problem with it.

7. “Money gives me the creeps and mildly embarrasses me. I get paid too much anyway.”
Have you ever thought that you were over paid for a job?
There are times i definitely feel this way. But then i do not analyze what i do versus the talent pool available, etc.  Let's just say i am very grateful to God that i do get paid what i get paid, and i try and work very hard so that my employer feels that i have provided the work that they are paying me for.

8. “I hate lateness. I hate people who are late. There is no excuse for turning up late for anything. I`ve never been late for anything in my life. I was actually born a week premature, because I wanted to be early for my own birth.”
Are you usually on time for things?
I am with Mr. Gervais.  I do NOT like being late... for ANYTHING.  I prefer to show up a minimum of ten minutes early for everything.  However, God has a sense of humor and i cannot remember the last time i was consistent with my own preference.  I am not going to say why, because ultimately i hold myself responsible. 

9. “I have plenty of pet hates. I can`t stand people scraping their plate or slurping their soup. I can`t stand waiting in lines. I hate people talking inanely about the Lord Of The Rings. I hate people whistling. But I`m not like this because I`m famous. I`ve always been a grumpy bastard.”
What are your “pet hates”?
I have a thing for doors and drawers being shut.  I have a hard time just walking by a door that is ajar without closing it.  Once while working with my beloved in the kitchen to get ready for some company, i spent 10 minutes "dancing" around the island shutting cabinets, etc. and finally i couldn't take it any more... i had to walk out of the room.  Another time my beloved and i were in the midst of an "intense time of fellowship" and i could not stop focusing on the drawers of a dresser behind her... i interrupted my own train of thought and walked over and shut all of them.  It was a good tension breaker.

10. “I don`t like all this stupid Gollum begat Wobblo and the Oompa Loompas and...Oh _____ _____! There was too much "Oh, god, here come the gloodloys..." _____ Almighty, what are they talking about!?”
Are you a fan of “Lord of the Rings”?
I most definitely am. When i read the the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and the Hobbit, i find myself immersed in the world of J.R.R. Tolkien.  I love the naivety of the Hobbits, i love the mystery of the Elves.  I dread the evil of the "all watching eye" and his minions.  The honor and comrade between all the members of the quest, and the perseverance of the heroes.  In my opinion Mr. Tolkien achieved his desire to create a modern mythology.  I can reread the novels every year, and i love the movies almost as much as the books.  When the Hobbit comes out to theaters i will be there in line... and when the set (because it will be two movies) comes out on Blu-Ray, i will most definitely upgrade my video equipment if i have not already.



No comments: