20110112

Wednesday Wickedness - 20110112

Hi and welcome to Wednesday Wickedness! We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!

Today we picked Homer Simpson. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!




I am not fan of The Simpsons, or South Park, or King of the Hill.  Maybe i am just getting old, but the humor contained in those types of shows just does not appeal to me.  However, that does not mean i cannot post my thoughts on Homer's quotes and the questions posed by the originator of this meme, Janera Jepson.  So, without further ado...

1. “Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.”
What was the last thing that you weaseled out of?
To be honest, i do not fully understand what this means.  I know it means to get out from under... probably a commitment of some kind... so, that is what i am going to go with.  Recently i backed out of a commitment to help out with the Youth program at my church.  I have not been consistent in attendance, nor have i been putting in the time to prepare.  Not to mention other things going on within my own dojo (so to speak), so, to keep in accordance with 1 Timothy 3, i felt it best to not step up into that role.

2. "If they think I'm going to stop at that stop sign, they're sadly mistaken!"
What was the last thing that caught your eye that you stopped for?
I know i have done it... but i have not been able to recall a specific instance.  I remember thumbing through some catalog and coming across a Lego kit for the Frank Lloyd Wright house, Fallingwater, and it gave me pause.  You see i love legos, but there is something that speaks to me about beautiful architecture.

3. “You can't keep blaming yourself. Just blame yourself once, and move on.”
When was the last time that you blamed yourself?
Last night, this morning, this afternoon... it's kind of an on-going thing because there is always something new to take ownership of.

4. “Here's to alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.”
Does alcohol play an important role in your life?
I used to think that it didn't anymore... but i am finding ghosts and whispers continue to haunt me from my youth and my experiences there.  And not from personal use, but from exposure to those who did imbibe excessively.

5. “All right, let's not panic. I'll make the money by selling one of my livers. I can get by with one.”
Would you ever donate a kidney or another organ to someone?
I don't know... that might sound odd, and/or insensitive... but i really don't know.  I think it would have a lot to do with who it is, how do i know them, and my current health/situation.  After i pass away all bets are off.  I am sure i will not mind anymore.  Recently i blogged about how my oldest has been dealing with the loss of a classmate.  I know his parents had a hard time, but they signed a donor card - this potentially saved the lives of several other people.  What an amazing ability to reach out and help others.


6. “Bart, you're saying butt-kisser like it's a bad thing!”
Have you ever thought you were a butt-kisser?
I would like to answer, NEVER, but to be completely honest i am pretty sure i kissed up to some superior at some point in time.  Over all do i consider myself a 'butt-kisser'?  No, i prefer to be up front with my bosses, etc. and be myself.  But, i also prefer to "not bite the hand that feeds me" either.

7. “Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974; It's a scientific fact.”
What do you consider rock 'n roll perfection?
Um... for me i think it would be in the 80's... but the more i look back to movies and TV shoes of that decade... i am considering rethinking this position.  Although i have not found it for myself within the last two decades, i do feel that each phase of rock 'n roll has something to offer to the overall whole.  Personally, and i think this is age and influence from my father, i feel that the foundation of rock 'n roll, the Blues, has something it just cannot fully capture.

8.“Hey, he's not happy at all! He lied to us through song! I HATE when people do that!”
How seriously do you take an artist's lyrics?
Well, fairly seriously.  There was a reason they were put down on paper and/or recorded in the first place.  It was an honest thought/emotion by the musician and then put into musical form.  It is one reason i am a lot more selective about what i listen to.  I have hit my daily "next/unlike" limit on Pandora before.

9. “If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing.”
What was the last thing that you did despite the fact that it was hard?
Last night/this morning/this afternoon... it's called life.  "“Because you have listened to the voice of your wife and have eaten of the tree of which I commanded you, ‘You shall not eat of it,’ cursed is the ground because of you; in pain you shall eat of it all the days of your life; thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you; and you shall eat the plants of the field.  By the sweat of your face you shall eat bread, till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; for you are dust, and to dust you shall return.” (Gen 3:17-19, ESV) Some may have it easier than others, but ultimately, if it is easy it isn't worth holding on too.

10. “The Internet? Is that thing still around?”
Can you imagine being in a time without the internet?
LOL - of course i can.  There was no internet when i was growing up.  I was out often, riding my bike, playing "maul-ball", etc.  Having said that, i have no idea how i survived childhood.  LOL.  I Love the internet.  So helpful in looking up information and for just plain wasting time. And now with web-enabled cell phones!  Yiles!



No comments: