20110119

Wednesday Wickedness - 20110119

Hi and welcome to Wednesday Wickedness! We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!

Well, for me... i am doing these a week late because i never have enough time to copy the meme, answer the questions, AND get it posted all in the same day... so... this is actually last weeks offering.

Today we picked Kurt Cobain. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!

1. "A friend is nothing but a known enemy."
Have you ever had a “friend” that you discovered was really an enemy?
I have a two for one type of deal.  When i joined the Army National Guard in 1986 i had a girl who i asked to wait for me until i got back.  I don't remember if she ever actually did promise or not.  When i returned from Basic training just before Christmas she acted like nothing had changed.  My brother left for Basic training almost a month to the day i got back.  While he was away i began overhearing phone conversations between her and him.  Since she only ever spoke to me a handful of times while i was away i quickly got suspicious.  When i asked about the calls she brushed it off, a friend blahblahblah.  When she went to go to his B.T. graduation i knew something was up.  When she got back, she announced that she had gotten engaged to my brother.  Wow.  Of all the childhood fights i got into with my brother, i was glad that he won this one in the end.  When they finally got divorced she took him for two houses and part of the 3rd, all of the bank accounts, and two of three cars.  In the end, my brother was left with a broken down truck and enough money to get out from under his bankruptcy.  My brother and i are talking again (it took a really long time), but i am not sure i will ever completely trust him again.

2. "Drugs are a waste of time. They destroy your memory and your self-respect and everything that goes along with with your self esteem."
What is the strongest drug (legal or otherwise) that you have taken?
Since this is something taken, and not administered... i had a Rx for Tylenol with Codeen once.  It was for after my appendix operation.  Did NOT like the weird feeling of it.  I think i took it once or twice and then just regular Tylenol.  I am not one to take serious pain meds for any longer than i absolutely have too.  I am a real light weight when it comes to alcohol as well.

3. "I had a really good childhood up until I was nine, then a classic case of divorce really affected me."
Has a divorce (yours or your parents) really impacted your life?
Well duh.  My own parents were divorced before i can really remember, but the custody battle lingered.  Until recently i had thought that other than having a difficult childhood, it didn't really impact me all that much.  But, i have been learning, somewhat painfully, that i am still dealing with shadows of these years.

4. "I really haven't had that exciting of a life. There are a lot of things I wish I would have done, instead of just sitting around and complaining about having a boring life. So I pretty much like to make it up. I'd rather tell a story about somebody else."
What's the most exciting thing that you've ever done?
For me the most exciting thing i have ever done was to get married.  Now that has been, is now, and will be on into the future, very exciting.  Never boring.

5. "I was looking for something a lot heavier, yet melodic at the same time. Something different from heavy metal, a different attitude."
Is there a heavy metal band that you are a fan of, or were a fan of at that time?
One Bo my mom was very found of, and strung along for many a year off and on again, bought me my first record album (back when they were put on vinyl disks).  It was KISS' Love Gun album.  Man, i really liked Ace Frehley's guitar solo on their Alive II set.  I pretty much stuck with them through High School but when they sort of broke up i went on my way.  Eventually i got into groups like Poison and Gun's and RosesOver time my interest in that style of music waned... mostly i grew concerned about the almost constant imagery of death, debauchery and the like.  And this was before i had become a Christian. I still 'crave' that style of music from time to time though.  Now a days i will pick up and listen to P.O.D. and other Christian metal bands... but my preferred style of music leans to a much more... sedate... tempo and volume nowadays.  8)

6. "I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."
Do people generally like you?
LOL - you would have to ask them.  A handful i know for sure do... but the rest... i am not so sure about.

7. "I'm too busy acting like I'm not Naive. I've seen it all, I was here first."
Are you naïve at all?
It depends on the topic.  But the older i get, the more i realize how little i truly know. My sons will not find this surprising however.

8. "I've always had a problem with the average macho man - they've always been a threat to me."
Does a certain type of person scare you?
I hate to admit this but i get nervous around inner-city youth.  I know it is born out of ignorance however.  While i have not had the best interactions with them (a school grading period spent in  Washington DC), i have survived to tell the tale, and not all kids are like those i interacted with.

9. "If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first."
Do you mind a friend who asks for favors?
No i do not mind.  However, most of them are like me.  Too prideful to ask for help when they need it.  Although, i had a friend once who needed to get his car fixed so that he could get to/from work.  When he asked me for help it was not to help getting his car fixed, he wanted to borrow money to buy out a paintball store's inventory that was going out of business.  I did not loan him the money... and... i do not see or hear from him all that often.  Maybe it was when i told him that i would loan him money to get his car fixed, but not for what he was asking it for.

10. "The worst crime is faking it."
Do you ever “fake it” for approval?
Oh, i am sure i do.  In most social situations i really do not know why certain things are expected, and i honestly feel that they are superficial and fake, but i try my best to simulate those expectations so that i am not thought of as "insensitive" or uncaring.  There are only a handful of people in my life that know me well enough to know that i do this... so, even when i don't quite get it right... they don't comment or ostracize me.



No comments: