20091210

They are feeding my addiction

Yesterday the "Flair" application on Facebook announced that they have added new "boards" to display your flair on AND you can now display more than one board! That means i can arrange everyone of my 550 pieces of flair - 53 pieces per board! \o/ So, i will need a minimum of eleven backgrounds to display them all... but knowing me there will be more than that so i can organize them by subject. LOL
My writing has been moving along, albeit slowly. I have gotten to a point where i need to work out a complicated scene before i can move on. Some writers skip around in their work... and i am not sure i can do that... but maybe in a way i am. I have an on-going story line that i've tied in to my "novel", and there is a part that is a background piece for the novel and i've been working on that is almost finished... but to jump ahead in the "novel" outline... that part i am not so sure about. Which sort of reminds me... i have a personal goal of 3,000 words a month of writing. Doesn't matter what piece i work on (and i currently have four in various stages), i just have to write 3,000 words. I am way off pace for December... i'd better get to work soon. My friend from High School, Ram, has been itching to get together to do some tabletop wargamming. The guys has been a really good sport about my style of hang back and shoot. He continually attempts to storm the gates. I can't help it. It is my natural instinct based off of my Infantry training. Anyway, i made a promise to him that i would deliberately take a force that makes me get out of my comfort zone. This time i will play a force styled after the Eldar Harlequins using the Escher rule set. I've always had a fascination with Mime's, and dancing troupes of old. There is just something fascinating about mesmerizing forms of twirling dancers arrayed in colorful costumes and masks. We shall see how this works out. I am not one to venture far from my comfort zone all too often. LOL Of late i have been really trying to work over in my head the verses from Matthew 7:21-23...
"“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’" (ESV)
I believe God is really working on my heart in this area. Especially in regard to the part where the people are saying, "...did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do mighty works in your name?" I feel that many American "Christians" are like this. (Especially in light of what i have been seeing in the churches i have attended lately.) We get busy with various programs, we get caught up in how many people are showing up to events, or how many people are "brought into the kingdom", but we never actually teach them what it takes to have a personal RELATIONSHIP with Christ. I need to confess something here... i was saved into a church that did do that, but i never made the hard changes in my life where i disciplined myself to pursue daily devotions. I think this is what God is trying to show me now. I believe He is telling me, "take the log out of your own eye", especially before i get to work doing things in His name. Unless there is the foundation of a relationship - it is all in vain... He is not in the work. And nothing that is void of God will last or have any real meaning. Confession is one thing... especially on a blog that very few read... but i need to put words and faith into action... "Lord Jesus, please help seal this on my heart. Please help me to make the hard changes. Not because my efforts to spend time with You contribute in anyway, but because of what You have done. Lord Jesus thank You for your tender mercies that are indeed new every day. I confess that i have been lazy in my relationship with you. I've done a lot of talking and very little listening. Lord, please help me to break this bad habit and to make a change. Lord i desperately want to know you more... and more importantly... to be known by you. You have told us that if we turn from our sins and humble ourselves you will hear our prayers. Lord God you have also said that if we ask for anything in Your name the Father will give it. Heavenly Father... i ask for this in the name of my Lord Jesus' name, and for His glory. Amen. "

1 comment:

My ADHD Me said...

I have had the same issues with my church hunting. Yes, programs, staus of attendance etc are important. As are dinners, meetings etc. BUT, with ADHD I NEED to focus on the real reason I am there. That is one of the things I like about the Lutheran church. The repitition and solomness of it helps me stay focused on what is being said, rather than whether or not I will be able to attend the next spaghetti function.

As for not having too many readers. Remember QUALITY, not QUANTITY! lol.