20091207

Music Monday - 20091207

This week i have two songs i want to offer for my usual Musical offering to the blog-o-sphere. The first one keeps coming up on the radio and it seems to be resonating within me of late.
BREATH OF HEAVEN by: Chris Eaton / Amy Grant I have traveled many moonless nights Cold and weary, with a babe inside And I wonder what I've done Holy Father, you have come And chosen me now To carry your son I am waiting in a silent prayer I am frightened by the load I bear In a world as cold as stone, Must I walk this path alone? Be with me now Be with me now Breath of heaven Hold me together Be forever near me Breath of heaven Breath of heaven Light up my darkness Pour over me your holiness For you are holy Do you wonder as you watch my face If a wiser one one should have had my place But I offer all I am For the mercy of your plan Help me be strong Help me be Help me Breath of heaven Hold me together Be forever near me Breath of heaven Breath of heaven Light up my darkness Pour over me your holiness For you are holy Breath of heaven Hold me together Be forever near me Breath of heaven Breath of heaven Light up my darkness Pour over me your holiness For you are holy Breath of heaven Breath of heaven Breath of heaven
I am not sure why - completely -but lately i really do feel like i am walking my path with Christ alone. I am in NO way comparing myself with the "favored one", but i just do not seem to be in sync with those around me spiritually... and i know this is not really a good thing. At the same time i feel the joy of the coming celebration of the birth of Christ. I imagine the wonder of it all. Can you imagine what it must have been like to be in Mary's sandals? What all of creation must have felt like in anticipation of the birth of the Christ! This is a really beautiful song. The other one that i want to present today is "The LIttle Drummer Boy". While not overly 'spiritual' in that it does not speak to Christ's birth directly, more that it speaks to the response of creation... more importantly to man's response.
Little Drummer Boy Come they told me, pa rum pum pum pum A new born King to see, pa rum pum pum pum Our finest gifts we bring, pa rum pum pum pum To lay before the King, pa rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, So to honor Him, pa rum pum pum pum, When we come. Little Baby, pa rum pum pum pum I am a poor boy too, pa rum pum pum pum I have no gift to bring, pa rum pum pum pum That's fit to give the King, pa rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, Shall I play for you, pa rum pum pum pum, On my drum? Mary nodded, pa rum pum pum pum The ox and lamb kept time, pa rum pum pum pum I played my drum for Him, pa rum pum pum pum I played my best for Him, pa rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum, Then He smiled at me, pa rum pum pum pum Me and my drum.
When the time comes is there really anything that we could bring that is as valuable as gold? All that we can bring is all of ourselves. Our hearts, our minds, our abilities. The only adequate gift is all of ourselves.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Two great songs from this time of year. My DS 2 is absolutely TAKEN with Breath of Heaven. It moves him in a way that is so precious. I love it too...I just think it goes even deeper into his soul.

And the Little Drummer Boy? My DS 1 was one in the 4 yo Christmas play one year. Still a precious memory for me.

Love them both. Hope you're well.

Susan