20090928

Music Monday - 20090928 - and other randomness

Thank God it's Monday! \o/ What a weekend. Nothing too strenuous, and nothing more than a typical American family probably goes through. A maintenance activity kept getting rescheduled due to local weather and that was a little frustrating. I am praying for those affected. Right now it is on 'prolonged hold' until the local authorities can get things cleaned up. This morning i was startled into consciousness by my 'electric leash' (aka cell phone). My boss was trying to get the status on another, unrelated, issue that i had been called on. I had left the ringer set WAY loud and when it rang i felt like a cat being startled and vaulting six feet in the air ~ picture America's Funniest Home Videos. I could have sunk my fingers into the ceiling and hung there. *ckl* Yesterday my beloved's and my search for a new church home continued. We've known about the church we visited since before we were married but had never visited there. Mostly due to concerns regarding the doctrine, but we've also seen it raise up two very fine young adults in the children of some friends of ours. We were seated a little late due to not knowing where the youth services for our DD3. We also found out that the youth services for our sons took place at the earlier service. Be that as it may, shortly after we sat down we stood up to worship to this song, and even though my 'spirit' was not as prepared for worship as i would have preferred, this song spoke to my heart... and i hope was a glorious sound in my Savior's ears...
REVELATION SONG by Jennie Lee Riddle © 2004 CCLI # 4447960 Worthy is the, Lamb who was slain Holy, holy, is He Sing a new song to Him who sits on Heaven's mercy seat Holy, holy, holy Is the Lord God Almighty Who was, and is, and is to come With all creation I sing: Praise to the King of Kings You are my everything, And I will adore You Clothed in rainbows Of living color Flashes of lightning, rolls of thunder Blessing and honor, strength and Glory and power be To You the only wise King Filled with wonder Awestruck wonder At the mention of Your Name Jesus, Your name is power Breath, and living water Such a marvelous mystery
I would consider myself "charismatic" in my worship of Christ. I believe in the gifts of the Spirit. I believe that there are times my emotions should be fully engaged in the worship of Christ (an ironic statement since i have trouble engaging my emotions in every day life). I would like to believe i am a fellow Christian "Hedonist" with John Piper. At the same time it needs to be said... the emotions, and the gifts of God, are NOT to be pursued in lieu of our relationship with Christ. They should be as a result of a passionate pursuit of the Savior. It is the pursuit of the gifts over the Giver that has given the "Charismatic movement" a black eye, and a sour taste in the mouth. I long for the day when i will stand among the throng before the Throne of God, with my emotions and mind fully engaged, singing similar words... What a weekend for the undercats! How about those Lions getting their first win in twenty games! Then, the Pittsburgh Steelers traveled to Cincinnati and then the Bengals dished out a plate of humble pie! With the Panthers struggling thus far this year i am pulling for all of the feline NFL teams. 8) I just wish i knew that the Panthers were going to win tonight! *ckl* I don't want to lose out on sleep for no reason! On Friday i got on a roll on a background piece for my 'novel'. It's a 'visualization' piece that i can use to help me keep a consistent picture of my four main characters. I was unable to finish it Friday night, and i made about three attempts over the weekend to pick it back up to no avail. I am just way too easily distracted. 8/ Oh well... i hope to pick it back up some time this week.

2 comments:

Alise said...

We just started singing this song in church. I absolutely love it.

Susan said...

I love this song!!

:-) Susan